|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in the cloud business? Do you want to take Microsoft customers on the journey to success as they transition to cloud platforms and services? Do you want to apply your Windows desktop deployment experience and learn more about Azure/virtualization platforms, such as Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)?
We are the Microsoft FastTrack Center (FTC) - a diverse group of community of technology experts who have effective relationships with many amazing customers. In this role you will be curious and intuitive in your approach, with a passion for customer service. The role requires empathy, a passion for learning, excellent communication skills, the ability to think differently than the crowd, and a genuine desire to help people do their best.
As a FastTrack Engineer focused on desktop deployment, you will provide technical assistance to help customers deploy Windows 10, M365 Apps, the Microsoft Edge browser, Surface Devices, and FSLogix as it relates to Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD). You will work with enterprise customers, partners, internal staff and/or others on critical issues experienced with Microsoft technologies. You will be responsible for providing quality assistance for these desktop technologies with a high degree of customer satisfaction; provide responsive and reliable technical solutions and information to Microsoft customers.
Your key business metrics will be to:
- Obtain high customer and partner onboarding satisfaction
- Drive customer success and adoption of all purchased workloads
- Reduce time/cost to onboard
- Provide high quality data back to applicable product teams to help drive service improvement
- Reduce reactive support incidents
Key Responsibilities include:
- Using your depth understanding of the Microsoft Cloud, with focus on Windows 10 desktop deployment and related technologies including managing Windows as a Service (WaaS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Desktop Analytics (DA), and Windows Update for Business (WufB).
- Helping customers to adopt Microsoft’s Edge Browser, using Microsoft Endpoint Manager for deployment and configuration.
- Helping customers to plan and deploy Surface Devices in their organizations.
- Providing consultative advice to our customers and partners that will improve their product experience.
- Working with the readiness and training team to optimize the curriculum, reducing the delivery time requirement or to enhance the material.
- Analyzing, developing and communicating key Onboarding process and technology improvement feedback for the FastTrack Center end to end process (Onboarding, Migration and Adoption).
- 2+ Systems Deployment/admin, network operations
- 2+ years of Technical Consulting or Support experience (in a Tier 2 or 3 role)
- 1+ years of experience working with Enterprise customers
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Ability to work in a technical team environment and interact with all levels of management as well as partners and customers with preferred skillsets including:
o Windows client deployment knowledge using at-scale technologies (Microsoft Endpoint Manager or similar preferred) and related technology, including Group Policy, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Windows as a Service (WaaS), and Azure Information Protection (AIP).
o Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
o Windows 10 OS / Office 365 ProPlus / FSLogix Technologies
o Surface Device Deployment
o Software and Patch Deployment
o Operating System Deployment
o Configuration of client endpoints and endpoint management
o Azure, cloud and Windows Virtual Desktop knowledge
o PowerShell experience (optional)
- Customer and Partner Focus: Demonstrated skills and abilities to consistently create an amazingly positive experience for our customers and Partners.
- Cloud competency: Experience articulating to customers why the cloud and Windows 10, Office 365, and EM+S is a transformational industry change.
- Collaboration: exceptional collaborator on complex multi-faceted programs across multiple groups with varying priorities.
- Proven ability to work virtually.
- Communication Skills – Spoken and written English (including technical writing). Demonstrate how to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across customers, partners, senior executives and across organizational boundaries. Ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations involving the most critical and politically charged customer situations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent’s experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.