|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is opening a new UN Affairs office in New York to deepen Microsoft’s support for the UN’s mission and work. This includes advancing global multi-stakeholder action on key technology, environmental, humanitarian, development, and security goals as well as helping to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The team (members are located in New York, Geneva and Seattle) will focus on advancing Microsoft’s partnerships with the United Nations and its agencies, building relationships with UN representatives, identifying new opportunities for partnerships, building stronger connections between Microsoft and UN teams, advocating for the UN’s priorities within Microsoft, and working across the company to support Microsoft teams in their engagements and advocacy with the UN community.
We are looking for a Business Manager who will report to the Vice President, UN Affairs. The Business Manager will be an anchor to the team as we grow our internal team and build our external network. This position requires great oral and written communication skills; the ability to collaborate across teams and levels with our many internal stakeholders; and the initiative to engage and help build our growing external network. The candidate must also have strong administration acumen (managing the team’s budget and expenditure processes, and meeting calendar), the ability to build compelling internal/external presentations. Ideally, the candidate will have some familiarity of the UN System and culture.
- Work closely with the VP and team to create and manage the rhythm of business (ROB), including the team’s staff meetings, quarterly meetings with internal stakeholders, and general management of the team’s Executive calendar on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to ensure accurate scheduling and organization. Act as a gatekeeper when needed, a host as needed, and an ambassador of goodwill and diplomacy.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel for the team including on-the-ground logistics.
- Manage budgets and expenses in a compliant and timely manner. Negotiate services when needed.
- Drive the end-to-end planning and budget processes and core priority setting.
- Manage and maintain team aliases, Teams sites, surveys and other internal communication forums. Support preparation of presentations as needed.
- Master internal online tools and processes to support growth of the team; and initiate new processes to enable the team to function effectively as it grows.
- This role also has responsibility for contributing to an environment aligned to the team’s diplomatic culture through oversight of physical space, events, services and engagement.
- Support the VP with calendaring.
- 7+ years relevant work experience in executive support, business planning, team building, and financial management, preferably with a technology focus (or related) background;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, including at senior leadership/executive levels;
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail;
- Proven diplomatic demeanor and ability to work in a productive, collaborative, and cooperative way with a variety of people
- Understanding of the UN Affairs team’s mission and willingness to contribute positivity and results oriented solutions required to build a new team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Things that would be a strong plus:
- Experience or familiarity of the UN System and culture
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.