|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Come work for the Business Applications & Services (BAS) SAP team and help shape the future of business process at Microsoft! Our team is accountable for Microsoft’s internal SAP ERP suite of solutions. We are seeking a Principal Software Engineering Manager to join the team to help drive within the SAP platform in the Finance domains/modules of FI, CO, Treasury, FSCM, RAR, ERP service as our organization continues working to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
As part of Business Application Services, our team members make a global impact on millions of customers and thousands of employees who use mission-critical ERP software and services. The Principal Software Engineering Manager responsibilities span building, mentoring and leading a diverse team of SAP Software Engineers as they engage with partners and customers to deliver SAP products and capabilities. This means,
working closely with peers across teams (inside Engineering and across the company) to help build flexible and high-performing Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) features aligned to the Tax capability to support Microsoft’s financial needs by contributing to the definition of SAP products and service vision, creating and communicating scalable world-class designs, implementing the functionality and running the ongoing livesite responsibilities post go-live.
This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where Software Engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. It is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft!
- Build, mentor and lead a diverse high-performance team of SAP Software Engineers
- Collaborate with Program Managers, Architects and business stakeholders for workforce planning & demand planning in an agile/DevOps context.
- Work with Program Managers and Architects to refine roadmaps, delivery plans, define end to end business outcomes and associated metrics
- Strengthen and improve SAP delivery team adoption of agile / DevOps methodologies
- Lead Engineering team through monthly agile development cycles and monthly/quarterly release cycles.
- Manage Suppliers by contributing to supplier strategy and supplier management, drive cost optimization and value maximization in partnership with Supplier Strategy Office and Supplier Companies
- Develop standards for SAP functionality designs, interfaces, configuration, and quality best practices
- Drive strong livesite focus and operational optimization
- Architect and build mature service capabilities (telemetry & monitoring, self-healing and self-service, scalability etc.)
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- 8+ years of a combination of SAP Configuration experience, Development and Business experience (especially in the areas of Finance and/or BI)
- 2+ years of people management or demonstrated leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience in service design, road mapping capabilities, standards creation and operational strategy
- Experience in agile / DevOps development methodologies, running feature teams or SCRUM training
- Deep understanding of SAP and Microsoft integration technologies
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
Preferred, not required:
- SAP S/4 HANA, SAP BW4HANA or SAP SaaS services experience
- Vertex Experience
- Previous Experience with Microsoft Technologies; SQL Server, IIS, C#
- Ability to develop standards and best practices for reading, writing, configuring SAP functionality and code, and designing end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
- Ability to communicate functional SAP strategies and roadmaps with Senior and C-Level executives
- Experience developing industry standard algorithms applicable to analyzing current business service behavior through telemetry
- Experience developing patterns and practices applicable to resilience modeling (failure mode analysis) and simulation of business service outages
- Experience developing standards in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations
- Experience developing standards applicable to functional strategies and roadmaps.
- Experience working in an agile organization developing highly integrated and high-volume solutions
- Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations and constraints in a service
- Experience in defining cost per transaction or per user, based on service configuration
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences
- Infrequent travel (<5%) may be required.
Describe the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate thrives on taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person has experience running and designing SAP enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, and agile development practices. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.