|Job Type:||Full Time|
The WW Learning (WWL) team is learner obsessed, and our mission is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and drive measurable business impact through learning and skilling. Learning is a key driver to accelerate Microsoft’s growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. We also believe easily accessible learning is essential for a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
The Professional Skills Team mission is to drive professional skills development that deliver behavioral changes that result in deeper customer understanding and accelerated consumption of Microsoft products and services.
The Director Professional Skills Programs is a key leadership role responsible for developing, implementing, and executing our global professional skills programs. This role functions across commercial sales to define the cross-Industry, Segment and Solution Area learner experience and content delivery strategy, while executing end-to-end program management of several key skilling programs.
Role success will be measured by your ability to effectively lead the team to deliver impactful programs that drive field readiness, skills development and applied proficiency, as well as practical and consistent application of these skills with customers and partners.
The ideal candidate is a people manager with consistent examples of investing in and prioritizing people development and “model, coach, care” practices. They also bring commercial sales and program management experience, demonstrated leadership skills and an open and collaborative style to establish credibility, secure buy-in from necessary stakeholders, and scale our strategy out globally to applicable WCB/GSMO roles.
If this role sounds interesting, come join the team, and help lead the company’s professional skills transformation!
Core responsibilities in this role include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and drive the WWL professional skills programs strategy in partnership with key commercial sales stakeholders across the company.
- Develop the professional skills learner experience strategy in partnership with Professional Skills teammates and key commercial segment stakeholders to deliver innovative and engaging learning experiences.
- Drive end-to-end program management with a focus on effective and efficient resource management, quality content delivery across platforms and modalities, and ongoing enhancements for continuous experience improvements.
- Establish key program metrics by role over appropriate time horizons and track skills adoption. Metrics include: i) early indicators: roles trained, NSAT, RIS, ii) behavioral indicators: application to role, frequency, utilization of process steps, and iii) business outcomes: sales acceleration and influenced performance.
- Actively engage with commercial sales stakeholders, Area Learning Leads (ALLs), and the Field Enablement Manager (FEM) community to assess role-based skilling progress, using data and feedback to measure impact and prioritize plan changes.
- Partner closely with broader WWL employee skilling teams to ensure Professional Skills Programs complement On-boarding and Virtual Skilling Events deliverables for an intuitive learner experience.
- Enable a diverse and inclusive team environment where people can do their best work.
- Other as needed responsibilities.
- Qualifications include 10+ years in technology industry/company bringing products or solutions to market.
- 5+ years team leadership experience (preferably at Microsoft)
- Proven leadership capabilities in project management or program management (e.g., RACI).
- Direct commercial customer management experience.
- Frequent senior leadership engagement and influencing experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization, writing, and complex problem-solving skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.