|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Microsoft Federal is a new and exciting organization serving the U.S. Government (USG), offering our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the
nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs. This new organization delivers a single unified entity centered around our customer.
The Microsoft Federal Finance Team will focus on all end-to-end Finance and Accounting activities for the organization including FP&A, Controllership and Procurement functions. The team will focus on analyzing performance, driving sustainable growth and meeting the demands of our customers in the Federal space.
The MS Federal Finance Team is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative individual to join the Controllership function as an Accounting & Leasing Specialist.
The individual selected for this role will be responsible for supporting all general accounting, close and lease accounting activities for the organization. They will report directly to the GL and Accounting Manager and work across the Controllership organization and Corporate Accounting to achieve timely and accurate accounting results for the organization. The individual suited for this role should have a strong understanding of US GAAP and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
The ideal candidate should understand the criticality of compliance to Microsoft's success and have experience managing general and/or lease accounting results for large and complex organizations. This individual should be organized, self-motivated and have a strong attention to detail to succeed in this role.
Join us and be a part of the team helping to empower the US government!
- Supports the monthly close and trial balance feed to Corporate for consolidation purposes
- Performs critical reconciliation procedures to align monthly trial balance with Corporate books
- Maintains primary responsibility for general accounting, close and trial balance reporting activities inclusive of fixed assets, capital expenditures, and lease accounting
- Owns the accounting for operating leases related to Azure and other embedded devices under ASC-842
- Maintains Corporate Accounting policies within the financial system
- Interprets policies and applies control processes to ensure compliance and manages risk per established standards
- Investigates and resolves business partner inquiries, accounting deviations and other data anomalies
- Assists in the development and maintenance of SAP to record and report all financial transactions per generally accepted accounting principles
- Supports automated and manual entries to the General Ledger and supports journal entry management and automation efforts
- 5+ years of Accounting/Controllership experience; emphasis on fixed asset and lease accounting preferred
- CPA or equivalent certification; Big 4 accounting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited Accounting program
- Public and/or government accounting experience; familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and D-FARS
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with SAP or other leading ERP solutions
- Experience working in the Technology industry (e.g., software, cloud providers) is a plus
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.