|Job Type:||Full Time|
Power BI is one of the fastest growing SaaS services at Microsoft and we empower millions of business users in organizations around the planet to achieve more with their data. In the 5 years since Power BI launched, it has grown to be the clear leader in Business Intelligence.
The Power BI team has bold ambitions for growth and is looking for a Principal Group Program Manager to lead all of the administration and governance capabilities in Power BI.
This role reports to the CVP of the BI Platform team.
This individual must have a blend of outstanding strategic, business, communications, and technical skills to be successful in this role.
As the leader of the Admin & Governance product management team for Power BI, you will define the set of capabilities that allow IT to manage, monitor, and govern Power BI within their organizations.
You will partner with the Director of Engineering for the Service Platform team to deliver the capabilities on time and at high quality
You will be data driven in defining and measuring outcomes for success and use these insights to refine product plans.
You will cultivate strong relationships with customers so you are continuously learning about what works and what doesn’t.
You will be responsible for ensuring that established processes are followed, decision points are documented, all relevant parties are engaged and understand the mission, and that customers and executives are up to date.
- Able to handle high-level, complex and time critical deadlines and deliverables across a broad range of topics.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, cross-boundary collaboration skills, open and honest feedback and interaction.
- Proactive, forward thinking to manage diverse and dynamic priorities.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and react quickly to changing circumstances.
- Able to understand and simplify complex ideas for broad audiences.
- Great people manager, able to coach and delegate effectively.
- Experience with and understanding of business intelligence
- Ability to say “no” with grace as well as great prioritization skills
- Ability to collaborate with external partners for shared business and customer success
- Great written and verbal communication skills, ability to simplify and articulate complex ideas
- A desire to learn, grow, and drive change
- Excellent customer and stakeholder empathy.
- 10+ years of related PM experience.
- A proven track record of individual excellence and a demonstrated commitment to making others great.
- Demonstrated skills to influence and impact groups.
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk.
- Proven competency in cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications.
- Ability to create effective relationships, influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Detail-oriented with analytical problem-solving skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.