|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft devices are redefining the way people see the world and how they get things done. This business is growing quickly and creating fans around the world. To ensure our customer have great experiences with our devices, we are reinventing the way we provide Care services for Microsoft devices – Xbox, Hololens, Surface, and Surface Hub.
This is a unique experience to be part of transforming the way we help customers and developing a new business. We are working across the company to rethink, reimagine and leap into a new world where the Care we provide for our devices gives us a competitive advantage in the market. We want to hear, “I buy Microsoft devices, because the buying & Care experience are the best available in the industry.” We believe that with the right talent and innovative thinking, we can make this vision a reality. Our Devices Care purpose is to quickly deliver a complete answer or solution to a question or issue with any Microsoft device for every customer.
The Microsoft Care Capability and Engineering team is responsible for the development and implementation of world class reverse supply chain capabilities to meet the desired customer experience with optimal cost and efficiency. We are looking for the right leader to manage and oversee the return and repair of Microsoft devices. This person will work closely and across teams at headquarters and will provide operations and engineering oversite and guidance to the local operations teams that execute the day-to-day work at returns facilities. A strong background in high volume repair operations and/or factory management is required. Candidate should be self-motivated, customer focused, analytical, data driven, results oriented, have a strong sense of urgency, and should be cost focused.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and leverage cross functional resources to:
- Implement and maintain robust technical repair and test processes
- Ensure processes deliver on product quality promise
- Ensure processes meet or exceed environmental and social compliance requirements
- Factory Management
- Responsible for all facets of returns engineering at the supplier/factory
- Operational Excellence
- Support NPI efforts and ramp to production for repair processes
- Implementation of Product and Process specification.
- Ensure standardized processes driving copy exact across multiple factories
- Cost management
- Cost Reduction Strategy & Management (process and operations improvements)
The ideal candidate for this role will be a leader with a passion for excellence, a desire to do things right, who is excited about and willing to take on hard challenges. This person must be driven by customer satisfaction, cost, understand the processes of the product engineering teams. The product returns business is fast paced so the candidate should be highly motivated and good at making quick decisions to drive action.
- Minimum 10-15 years of demonstrated work experience in a high-volume repair/manufacturing operation. Solid Lean six sigma experience.
- BS or Master’s degree in an Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations field and equivalent work experience. MBA is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage and execute complex product programs effectively without strong direction.
- Able to identify business challenges, develop solutions in consideration of multiple agendas and drive to completion.
- Strong ability to collaborate with globally diverse stakeholders across engineering, operations, quality and finance.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously while moving at the speed of business and our customers.
- Clear decision making in ambiguous situations to maintain team progress and required pace of delivery
- Ability to occasionally travel, including some international travel
Essential Core Competencies:
- Leadership and Problem Solving Skills
- Manufacturing Operations and Technical Knowledge.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Ability to deal with Ambiguity and Decision making
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.