|Job Type:||Full Time|
The newly formed WebXT organization encompasses Bing, Edge Browser and Microsoft Content services used by nearly a billion users across the Globe. Drive is a staple to how we run the business in WebXT and there’s immense interest from engineering, data science, business development and partners across Microsoft to have their data insight questions answered in a fast, accurate and easily digestible fashion. If you seek an opportunity to make direct business impact in major AI driven products in Microsoft, and to drive the next generation of tools to democratize data and insights to empower product teams to continuously learn and improve direct customer experience come and join the Bing Metrics and Insights team as a Senior Program Manager!
In this role, you will work on building large scale data analysis systems on some of the biggest data sets in the industry and on creating a self-serve toolkit to build E2E anlaysis flows and visualization using in-house, third party, and open-source solutions for all disciplines across the org. As a senior member of the team, you will be required to exercise a variety of Technical and Product management skills including, but not limited to, understanding of complex business and product intelligence requirements across organizations and distilling it into common use cases. Further, in order to build a self-serve suite of tools to automate complex analysis flows, you will collaborate with backend, frontend, and design teams across the globe.
If you have a passion for data analysis and storytelling through data visualization and consider yourself to be hands-on, self-driven and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with direct product focus, this Senior Program Manager role may be a great fit for you!
- Identify requirements for self-serve data analysis tooling across key stakeholders in WebXT org.
- Own the roadmap for delivering the suite of data analysis tool offerings across the board
- Prototype and do hands-on analysis to valid E2E user flows
- Leverage best in the industry and innovate to drive rich data anlaysis capabilities and intuitive visualization
- Iterate fast, learn from mistakes, be nimble and deliver a great data analysis experience with high SAT scores across the org
- Evangelize your product and drive adoption for the toolset across WebXT teams
Qualifications required for this role:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, data science or similar field
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development, program management and/or data analytics
- 3+ years of experience with one or more (analytical) programming languages, big data systems and visualization tools – I.e. Hadoop, Python, R, SQL, Tableau, power BI, Kibana, D3 etc.
- Passion for data driven decision making with proven communication and collaboration skills
- A willingness to learn, share, and improve and work under tight timelines
Below is a list of additional skills and experiences that are applicable to this role (but not required):
- Track record of delivering complex projects that involve dozens of developers and partner teams
- Experience with building fast, high-performant distributed data analysis systems is an added advantage
- Knowledge of latest trends in data analysis and data science is preferred
- Knowledge of search engine infrastructure and/or large scale online consumer products infrastructure is a bonus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.