|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
***We are hiring multiple positions for Data & AI Specialists to join our Enterprise Digital Sales Team at Microsoft in Dallas/Las Colinas, TX or Fargo, ND***
As an Azure Data & AI Specialist you will be on a team of experienced solutions specialists within our Enterprise Digital Sales Organization working with our largest accounts. You will work on a team of tenured sales and technical partners to consult and support our clients to achieve their business priorities while increasing sales volume of Microsoft Data & AI solutions. Our team focus' on working with Microsoft's account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads which result in new managed customers onto the Azure platform. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering pre-sales demonstrations, proving technical concepts, and helping drive ROI discussions on the move to cloud for our Enterprise customer base. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft Data & AI solutions can add long-term value.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
***You will leverage advanced analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence to help our Enterprise clients discover and deliver organizational knowledge, data and information that delivers value to their business.***
- 40% of your time will be spent with customers identifying and developing new Azure consumption engagements which align to the customer’s technical and business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools and targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers. You will be required to be disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network.
- 60% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Microsoft Azure Data & AI solutions. You will win the customers’ technical decision for consumption projects and usage scenarios through tailored messaging, technical discussions, and aligning the appropriate solutions partners, programs and resources to guide them in decision making and consumption plans. You will lead technical demonstrations of Azure solutions to explain and prove the capabilities of Microsoft Azure relative to the customers business and technical objectives. These efforts will accrue to developing minimum viable product (MVP) solutions which will accelerate deployment to Azure with support of other technical roles including Azure Partners.
***We are hiring various levels of skills and experience in this role. The below criteria outlines our minimum required qualifications to be considered for this position. We welcome those who bring additional experience to apply to this role as well.***
- 3+ years of cloud technology related sales or consulting experience, particularly around Data Platform technologies
- 1+ years of On Prem to Cloud: ability to present the differences between on-prem, cloud and hybrid models for Data Warehousing, Data Lakes and AI
- Expertise in two or more of the following Technical Capabilities:
- SQL including OSS (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Position Analytics: migration from legacy on-prem solutions (E.g. Netezza, Teradata, Oracle)
- Proficiency in the following Technical Capabilities:
- Open Source, SQL Migration, and/or Competitive (Oracle, Hadoop, etc.) scenarios and the paths customers would take to adopt the cloud
- Infrastructure: strong ability to articulate the value props and infrastructure components (DW, SQL, Data Lakes etc.) to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Cloud Computing: ability to explain complex technical solutions An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners
- Performance Driven: proven track record of outstanding performance and achieving goals
- Learning Agility: takes initiative to independently grow technical knowledge
- Executive Presence: exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in an enterprise client level environment
- Success-driven: works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.