|Job Type:||Full Time|
The WW Learning (WWL) team is learner obsessed, and our mission is to build an enthusiastic learning culture based on industry-leading innovation and drive measurable business impact through learning and skilling. Learning is a key driver to accelerate Microsoft’s growth as a digital transformation leader, and to enable our customers, partners and our people to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. We also believe easily accessible learning is essential for a diverse and inclusive culture, and the core ingredient to helping people become their best personal and professional selves.
The Professional Skills Team mission is to drive professional skills development that deliver behavioral changes that result in deeper customer understanding and accelerated consumption of Microsoft products and services.
The Global Partner Segment Development Manager will define, develop and implement the capability development approach to build necessary skills for Global Partner Solutions (GPS) and IOT Segment roles. This includes understanding the knowledge and skill needs for field roles in these groups, building integrated and innovative learning experiences to develop sales capabilities and measuring learner competency and business impact. This role will partner closely with key internal stakeholders across these segments, WW Learning, Marketing, Services, and the Field.
- Be the WWL trusted advisor to GPS and IOT Corporate and Field teams in defining annual role-based learning plans that accrue to multi-year skills and capabilities development.
- Lead role-based capability needs assessment for these segments to develop business aligned skilling capabilities plans, leveraging WWL skilling programs as the foundation for delivery while assessing and prioritizing complementary deliverables.
- Partner closely with WWL Content Portfolio Managers in the development, approval and ongoing evaluation of learner progress for WWL’s comprehensive professional and technical skilling requirements with the segments.
- Actively engage with Corp Operations, role owners, Area Learning Leads (ALLs), and the Field Enablement Manager (FEM) community to assess role-based skilling progress, using data and feedback to measure impact and prioritize plan changes.
- Develop and demonstrate role skills knowledge and “sales plays” proficiency to build credibility and skilling insights with teams.
- Ensure deep understanding of our build-with and co-sell motions with partners, to keep learning plans relevant and current.
- Partner with peers across content and program development to ensure segment orientation is appropriately represented.
- Promote accessibility standards across business groups in development of content.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of sales, sales enablement or sales operations experience.
- Learning and development expertise in the various capability enablement approaches (e.g., formal learning, knowledge management, coaching, practice, simulations, etc.), across modern modalities.
- Experience with senior leaders, demonstrating strong executive maturity, business acumen, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups to deliver global solutions.
- Self-starter with proven results building and creating business plans with measurement results.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Established project and program management fundamentals.
- Ability to lead multiple projects with cross-group stakeholders and effectively leverage available resources to drive results.
- Demonstrates agility - shifting from strategic to tactical depending on the needs of the day and the audience.
- Team player – leverage and contribute effectively to the work other others and works well in matrixed team environment.
- MBA, Master’s degree, preferred.
- Ability to travel globally 10-20%.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.