|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about working on tough challenges? Do you want to work on a highly motivated and collaborative team? Are you excited about opportunities for continuous learning and development?
At Microsoft we have a mission to “empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”. With more than 1 Billion people using Windows 10 worldwide, the Windows operating system is one of the areas where that mission comes to life.
CxE – Customer Obsessed Advocacy and Platform Team (COAPT), is looking for a highly motivated and skilled Program Management Leader who will serve as a bridge between commercial customers and Window engineering team to help Microsoft deliver on the business goal of delivering incredible Windows experiences and the newest modern Windows PC. COAPT team is the voice of commercial customer when it comes to Windows experiences and this is a critical leadership role, which will generate insights, such as:
- Where should we invest?
- What are the scenarios which are in most need of attention?
- What are the challenges keeping customers from rapidly moving to our most recent releases and staying current?
- How can we constantly improve the quality and value of Windows?
All these questions require close collaboration with our partners in Windows engineering, Customer Experience and Support and of course our commercial customers, to ensure that we are delivering what our customers need to make them successful.
COAPT team has two distinct responsibilities.
First, working directly with Windows engineering to make sure the right issues are being addressed and rapidly resolved. This position owns a monthly process for evaluating and driving top issues that culminates each month in a meeting of top Windows engineering leadership to evaluate our status and next steps, as well as owning specific issues to resolution. This role leads the team that owns that meeting and the associated process.
Second, to enable great customer engagement between engineering teams and customers we maintain a central CRM system built on D365 for tracking top customer issues, scenarios, and interactions to make sure we are working efficiently across multiple engineering teams and customers. This position owns leading the engineering related deliverables for the CRM system.
Core Responsibilities of this role
- Manage COAPT team to ensure shared success across the Advocacy and Platform charter
- Own overall process for identifying top customer issues and influencing engineering to understand the impact, prioritize and address the problem.
- Analyze customer feedback and data to identify areas for future investment.
- Drive business value and prioritization of key customer engagements scenarios to create a robust data and insights platform.
- Lead engineering of CRM system to generate meaningful insights out of the CRM data to inform and influence priorities.
- Experience as a People manager hiring and leading diverse teams.
- Experience engaging and influencing engineering processes and teams.
- Experience leading software development team (CRM preferred)
- Excellent program management and organization skills
- Experience working with enterprise customers (preferred)
- Experienced in IT administration and management technologies.
- Enterprise deployment and migration planning (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation and communicate technical ideas.
- Effective cross-group collaboration skills with a proven ability to drive results across multiple engineering organizations.
- Self-motivated and customer-obsessed
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.