|Job Type:||Full Time|
Project xCloud is a transformative product at the intersection of gaming, the cloud, and smart devices. Set to ship this year, xCloud’s vision will allow gamers to play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want. Come join a team that allows you to develop and improve technology at the core of delivering cloud gaming everywhere.
xCloud is seeking to hire a development lead for it’s growing team of engineers charged with building the best real-time game streaming technology to take games to the next 100M gamers. The technical scope of this role spans Xbox game servers, client devices, and the many networks connecting the two. xCloud is a new frontier for gaming at Xbox, and the Streaming team is a great position from which to have impact on the whole program.
As the leader of a team of developers you’ll be expected to grow, manage & coach a diverse team of audio, video, graphics & networking specialists. You are also charged with understanding the priorities and direction of the product; combining that with your own technical leadership and creating clarity for your team to execute against.
- 10+ years professional software development experience
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team with direct management responsibilities of 8-10 software developers
- Strong desire to build a diverse and inclusive team and foster a culture that reflects Xbox & MSFT values
- Domain background in some of Xbox, A/V codec, real-time network applications
- Experience leading OS/Platform and native code (C++) development teams
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in early-stage products
- Experience with high-performance, low-level network applications on real-world networks: IP/UDP/TCP, congestion & flow control, WAN & RAN practicalities, etc.
- Experience with browser content engines and web standards – Chromium, WebKit, Gecko, WebRTC, WASM, etc
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.