|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity,focuses on talent development and recognizesand rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easyand we have fun while doing it!
As an Operations Strategy & Planning Manager, you will help drive strategic clarity and develop plans to advance our suite of Protection Services. You will be responsible for reducing Microsoft’s exposure to enterprise risks by driving analysis and insights pertaining to sizing and related trends or dynamics, ideating and evaluating opportunities, and developing short & long-range plans. You’ll partner with other teams including operations, engineering, and finance to define quarterly and annual targets, forecasts, scorecard and OKR (objectives/key results) development, ROI models, ongoing business outlook/projections, demand prioritization and developing business cases. If you’re a strategic/critical thinker with a strong foundation in product planning and execution, you’ll have a hand in determining the success of Microsoft Protection Services.
Your success in this role will depend on your ability to develop a thoughtful point of view on options and approaches, communicate effectively and formalize plans by partnering well across the leadership team and a broad set of stakeholders cutting across functions.You should also be comfortablein dealing with ambiguity,appreciatecreativity, andhave ahigh degree of business acumen&analytical fluency together with willingness to take on challenges as apart of your daily routine.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Drive Planning across the Portfolio, including tracking progress and changes to current plans
- Identify and evaluate new risks/opportunities/investments based on industry or internal insights
- Manage engagement with key stakeholders and customers
- Own stakeholder feedback loops and reporting to bring a highly matrixed organization along for the ride.
- Plug into existing bi-annual planning and engineering cycles to prioritize strategic projects
- Balance long term strategic needs with run of business improvements to drive the planning group’s KPIs.
- Develop documentation to support each owned initiative lifecycle, including business case, Impact Assessment, & roadmaps
- A minimum of amaster’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, IT or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Experience in Operations, Sales, Business, Program Management, Product Management or Project Management
- Capacity for leading change, dealing withambiguityand providing creative solutions.
- Ability to work effectively across cross-functional, global teams to drive for results and solve problems.
- 3-5years experiencein consulting, strategy, and/or product development (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify and implement industry best practices to improve existing processes; demonstrable achievement within a results-driven,ambiguousand dynamic environment.
- Experience translating expressed business needs into actionable requirement artifacts and specification documentation
- Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership and execution management
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work effectively in a rapidly changing environment and meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines.
- Detail oriented with experience in identifying an issue, investigating, developing a solution, implementingchangeand monitoring the results.
- Unwavering advocacy for customers; demonstrated ability to apply a customer focused mindset in driving business objectives
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.