|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you be passionate about leveraging your accounting and finance expertise to accelerate impact for our Worldwide Government business? Are you eager to support citizens and the digital transformation of countries around the world? If so, the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team is growing and we need a talented Business Program Manager to help grow our partnerships with Tax, Revenue, and Finance entities in the Government space.
We are looking for a Business Program Manager- Tax, Revenue, and Finance to join the Government team within WWPS who has extensive experience directly working within, or supporting, a tax, revenue, or finance government organization. In this role, you will work directly with customers to help develop and implement transformative services supporting the citizens and communities they serve. You will advise them on policy development and implementation, as well as data governance and security.
To become the successful candidate, you will have served in a leadership position(s) and understand budget cycles, procurement processes, the importance of cross-team collaboration, and would be recognized as a subject matter expert amongst your peers. You will use your experience to identify emerging trends and advise governments on the investments needed to transform their services. You will represent Microsoft as a thought leader in the tax, revenue, and finance space by delivering keynote presentations, webinars, and completing whitepapers for circulation.
You will become part of a high-performance team of peers with similar responsibilities in other mission and business transformation areas. Your scope is worldwide, and your opportunity and expectation will be to tailor market offerings to regional customers to drive growth. You will monitor and coach teams on solutions, pipeline health, and win strategies.
About the Organization:
At Microsoft we have a clear and simple mission – To empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The chance to do that, at scale, is nowhere greater than in the Worldwide Public Sector team where we are dedicated to empowering citizens, societies, and governments around the world. WWPS encompasses government, both at the national level and local level, defense and intelligence, and education. The Public Sector team engages with our customers of all sizes to support their missions and help them empower citizens and societies.
What you will do:
- Build a deep understanding of the trends and top priorities for government financial agencies
- Identify the prioritized set of market opportunities and solution areas for Microsoft in the industry
- Develop a robust partner ecosystem supporting tax, revenue, and finance
- Craft and deliver Executive Briefings and C-Suite keynote presentations on Cloud and Digital Transformation
- Develop key sales plays and technical guidance for use by a global sales team
- Lead and or contribute to the delivery of workshops, bootcamps, and trainings necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of financial government agencies
- Measure progress with the industry priorities and annual targets for growth, wins, and technology adoption
- Develop and support strategic partnerships with industry leaders
- Represent Microsoft through industry engagements, exercises, and conference presentations to communicate innovation and technical demonstrations to the widest audiences possible
What we are looking for:
- Experience in finance, accounting, tax, and/or revenue supporting a government organization; or similar experience partnering with public sector organizations
- Familiarity with digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on accounting and finance practices
- Proven track record of building deep relationships with senior leaders within government agencies
- Ability to drive and collect feedback internally and externally, interpret and prioritize findings, and communicate insights and recommendations at executive level to create buy-in
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills and storytelling capability to deliver keynotes with large geographically dispersed audiences
- Demonstrable ability to build strong partnerships, collaborating and influencing across stakeholder groups and to work successfully across a complex, highly matrixed environment
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Passion and proven record for execution with measurable results
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead virtual teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate uncertain situations, and drive for clarity
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Accounting or finance related certification, such as a CPA, CFA, CGMA, CMA, or similar is preferred
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere globally. You can expect global travel, about 25%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.