|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Essential duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Achieve customer satisfaction by assuring that products are manufactured within the plant objectives for safety, cost, quality, and delivery.
- Plays a critical role in supporting TEOA Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Development and implementation of manufacturing processes to achieve cost, scrap, and delivery targets.
- Determines labor resources are sufficient for successfully meeting production requirements and assures proper training.
- Monitor operations in conjunction with the Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Administers Company policies, concerning hiring, evaluations, and discipline.
- Provides reports such as production, scrap and machine/operator/set up rates.
- Directs production activities according to established schedules.
- Meets regularly with direct reports to facilitate production requirements, consistency, and teamwork.
- Interfaces across functions to share information relative to specifications, deviations, changes, etc. to drive continuous improvements.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to find, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, or crouch, however, the employee shall be mostly sitting, standing and/or walking.
- Occasionally required to climb.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds unassisted, occasionally lift andr move up to 100 pounds assisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision including handling and fitting of extremely small components.
- 3 years minimum supervisory experience in manufacturing preferably pertaining to fiber optic or electrical components
- Skilled in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge and experience of using six sigma tools and lean methodologies
- Familiar with using industry relevant MRP systems
- Industry experience within manufacturing sectors related to marine oil and gas, aerospace, defense, or telecommunications preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This position will begin at our Belleville location, then transfer to our brand Katy site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.