Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you have a passion for examining complex data and turning it into useful information and insights? Do you love finding the next big ‘aha’ insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the world's hottest SaaS company? Atlassian is a fast-paced work environment and there are plentiful chances to create impact!
Atlassian is looking for a data quality specialist to join our Marketing Analytics team. The ideal candidate has strong business instincts and analytics mastery, and is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter data decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU’LL GET TO:
- Work with analytics and data engineering leaders to identify and drive data quality standard methodologies and consistency that align analytics & data science priorities to a data quality strategy and roadmap
- Play with our seriously large volume of analytics data to understand insightful trends and employ these insights to intelligently improve our data quality frameworks and roadmap prioritization
- Gain a broad understanding of how Atlassian defines success and directly influences forecasting models
- Advocate for analytics and product marketing specialists needs
- Envision, scope, and execute projects by collaborating with partners, data engineers and other analysts
- Cultivate an outstanding analytics environment, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners trust data to make decisions
ON THE FIRST DAY, WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE
- 5 + years experience applying your analytics experience to drive projects which have had shown impact to strategic decisions.
- Ability to explain sophisticated concepts to diverse audiences, and crafting compelling stories
- An agile development approach, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement. A very high bar for output quality, while balancing “having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Expertise in data manipulation and statistical programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python), and knowledge of cloud data environments (e.g. AWS)
- Strength in one or more visualisation tools (Tableau, R-Shiny, etc)
- An understanding of the SaaS development, business model and metrics
- Familiarity working with Product Management, Engineering, Design, Customer Research and Data Engineering teams
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or computer science)
IT'S GREAT, BUT NOT REQUIRED, IF YOU HAVE:
- Previously worked in global teams and high growth companies
The Marketing Analytics team blazes new trails to enable important growth decisions, so we're constantly growing, learning, and doing things differently. We are able to distill highly sophisticated analytical terminology and concepts into easily consumable language, and we partner with marketing teams to transmit that knowledge effectively.
We've been described as creative, but detailed, because we're dedicated to an agile methodology that enables adapting quickly while still ensuring quality results. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. It's all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way to partners across the company.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.