|Location:||Fairview, North Carolina|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Purchasing Teams are responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment and services, gather quotations, examine bids, and award contracts. They perform cost analysis and volume planning for commodities, evaluate vendor reliability and develop new supply sources where required. They coordinate purchasing activities with the manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels and monitor cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. They also look for and recommend cost saving proposals including make vs. buy analysis, alternative sourcing, and vendor evaluation criteria as well as develop specifications for new contract orders.
As a Buyer, you are responsible for;
- Responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment and services.
- Gathers quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for commodities.
- Evaluates vendor reliability, developing new supply sources where required.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. Recommends cost saving proposals including make vs. buy analysis, alternative sourcing, and vendor evaluation criteria.
- Develops specifications for new contract orders.
- Consolidate the numerous suppliers to allow for better pricing leverage, VMI opportunities, Lead Time reductions etc. including proactive engagement with supplier quality, engineering and product and commodity management teams.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE
- Motivated individual with the ability to learn quickly and work in a self-directed work environment with minimal supervision
- A clear communicator who can speak and present confidently to a diverse audience, including senior management
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and with global team members
This position is located at our Fairview, North Carolina site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.