|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you ever wonder about how awesome it would be to be responsible for the protection of billions of dollars’ worth of customer data? Believe us, it is a fun roller coaster ride! Our team's mission is to protect the data that our customers have entrusted us for safekeeping in the Office 365 platform. The team's charter is to build world class engineering solution to ensure that the Office 365 service is secure and protects customer data. We constantly take in suggestions, bug bounty, internal penetration test and external customer feedback to keep our customer's data secure. We are tasked with keeping up and a exceeding the pace of innovation that is happening around the world.
The Security & Compliance Datacenter Team is looking for a Principal Program Manager to develop and ship the next generation of assessment and security baselines across the division. If you are passionate about improving security and protecting customer data – this team is for you. We are looking for a strong technical PM who can meaningfully understand complex environments, develop a plan around then, and roll out an end to end solution across our division. The platform will be used to automatically assess services to ensure they are meeting the security bar and give feedback on areas that need future investments. This position needs you to have a strong passion for technology and design, growth engineering, data informed decision making, customer focus, partner engagement, and execution skills. If all this sounds interesting to you then you should talk to us!
As a PM in the team you will be responsible for:
- Designing the next generation assessment platform.
- Defining the key set of security controls to protect our customer's data.
- Drive execution and remediation across our division.
- Collaborate with peers across the company.
- Become a subject matter expert in both service and product security
- Consult with engineering teams on how to keep the service secure.
- Represent Microsoft Office 365 in various customer briefings and security conferences.
We expect you to have:
- 10+ years of experience designing or developing Services, preferably in the security space.
- Passion for working on technical challenges in the security space.
- Strong user empathy and proven cross-group collaboration experience.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects/features concurrently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills with demonstrable ownership mindset.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical discipline.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.