|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Partner Development Manager – VC / PE Recruit (PDMR-VC) is an important contributor to Microsoft's partner engagement strategy as part of the Global Partner Solutions (GPS) organization. Microsoft aspires to offer the most comprehensive, inclusive, and profitable partner network in the industry. GPS leads this effort in recruiting venture capital (VC) and private equity firms (PE) for collaboration and early access to their portfolio companies. Microsoft views relationships with these firms as an integral part of the ISV partner recruit strategy - building solutions together, creating vibrant routes to market, and selling with impact to joint customers.
The Global PDMR-VC manages a portfolio of select VC and PE firms, and works with them to qualify ISVs from their portfolio to leverage the Microsoft engines. They will guide these ISV partners through the recruit process, to develop their solution on the Microsoft platform. The Global PDMR-VC orchestrates the resources and provides guidance for the duration of the recruit process, working with the new partner to create value that will solve customer business challenges for the prospective customers of the joint offerings.
Recruitment Strategy and Planning - Contribute to VC and PE firm recruitment strategic planning, as well as that of the ISVs in their portfolio. Seek and articulate market insights about our top competitors and their offers. Share best practices and learnings.
Recruit and manage VC and PE firm partnerships - Contact target firms to evangelize value proposition, and quantify market opportunity. Coordinate engagement of Microsoft team required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development.
Build ISV Portfolio Funnel - Execute appropriate transfer of partner to recruit engines and long-term partnership landing.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 8+ years of experience business development or alliance management in the technology industry
- Experience in managing an ecosystem inclusive of venture capital and/or private equity firm
- In-depth understanding of the venture capital and private equity ecosystem
- Familiarity with venture capital and/or private equity firm
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders through business value propositions
- Experience with technology platforms and developing new solutions
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Bachelor degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations) MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.