|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in the modern PC management and participating in a new Microsoft service? Are you motivated by customer success? The Microsoft Managed Desktop (MMD) Service Reliability Engineering Team is central to the service and enables customers to transform whilst adopting our cloud technologies. MMD is a developing leader in the modern PC management market with SRE enabling customer success and a key differentiator when customers make buying decisions.
This opportunity for you is to be part of the revolution in modern PC management and be a part of the MMD Service Reliability Engineering team. You will be constantly challenged as the service expands to provide broader capabilities to customers. You will support customers using the MMD service rather than on-premises PC management products, and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft engineering teams such as Windows, Office, Intune, and Defender.
The MMD team enables customers to quickly adopt and deploy the latest end-user products produced by the company, and scale through cloud services. As a Service Engineer, you will work directly with developers and customers who range from local to global corporations. You will be a member of an exciting team that solves challenging modern PC management challenges using cloud service problems. You will work with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, file bugs, and help resolve customer issues.
- Leverage the people and resources put at your disposition to expedite the resolution of the customer issues.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
- Communicate technically complex information with Microsoft’s customers verbally and in writing with customer empathy.
- Continually learn technologies and develop deep expertise then share that knowledge with the team via developing training and troubleshooting guides.
Provide actionable feedback to the engineering teams by isolating software bugs, surfacing customer pain points, and collecting and inferring customer enhancements
- 3+ years of deep troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Office 365 / EMS / Windows 10 technical competency: possess an in-depth knowledge of modern PC management
- 3+ years of experience in customer support, product support, IT Admin Support, consulting, or systems development/management
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience
- KPI driven, proactive and motivated for continuous improvement
- Growth mindset and automation experience with PowerShell
- Ability to partner within virtual teams towards executing on multiple technical initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable learning and growing in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- 3+ years’ experience with C# and .NET, PowerShell, Web Services, Java
- B.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent experience preferred.
- Windbg debugging experience
- Previous experience in customer service or support of products or services is preferred
- Network troubleshooting
- Cloud identity troubleshooting
- Leverage the people and resources put at your disposition to speed the resolution of the customers issue. Time is of the essence in the cloud.
- Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
- Ambitious, self-motivated, proactive, and results-oriented
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.