|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting fast-growing teams in Microsoft? Would you like to be part of one of the world’s most advanced cyber-security solutions and protect millions of computers from thousands of active attack attempts, every month? Would you like to be part of a small team that operates autonomously, working closely with key customers and delivering critical new functionality? In the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Engineering team, you can get all that and more! You will be building cloud solutions meeting scales that few companies in the industry are required to support, that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver holistic protection to a user base of 10’s of thousands of States level organizations, enterprises and businesses around the globe. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection team is responsible for delivering a constantly evolving set of services and solutions to meet the challenging landscape of our ever evolving attackers.
The MDATP Services Reliability & Software Engineering team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, Cloud design, Infrastructures development and end to end implementation, targeting large scale Federal customers. You will independently determine and develop architectural approaches and Infrastructure solutions, define and deliver new features and components, conduct business reviews, and operate our production services. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant and meet the expectations of internal and external customers and users.
This position will require verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Must have a current, active Top Secret Clearance or above to be considered for this role.
Must be willing to upgrade to and maintain a Top Secret SCI with FSP
Must be able to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every 2 years thereafter.
- 5+ years experience coding experience c#, Python or other equivalent
- 5+ years experience Windows / Linux systems
- 5+ years experience testing/Integration
- 5+ years experience CI\CD concepts and hands on implementations experiences, specifically GIT
- Proven experience with building services, supportability and monitoring Infrastructures
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple project phases at the same time
- Strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Leadership skills: Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills.
Feedback/Metrics collection techniques to expose live site/service issues
- Support a 24x7 live site support model for the services team owns
- Kubernetes, Prometheus, ISTIO, Service Fabric, Azure highly preferred
- Data mining or data science experiences utilizing Big data and\or relational data bases technologies preferred
- Azure Dev Ops (ADO) highly preferred
If you are highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast paced, highly technical environment you have a strong customer focus and understand the importance of Live Site Demonstrated ability to establish and manage relationships across organizational boundaries. Proven experience dealing with large scale data architecture, operational architecture and or network Architecture Proven experience creating distributed systems tools of moderate to high complexity.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.