|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a proven track record at blending great sales/marketing insights, strategic thinking, and drive for results? The Modern Workplace team is part of the Microsoft Solutions organization and has the charter to enable winning the Modern Workplace in the commercial space.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers deeply care about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking things global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning and insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
The Business Architect is accountable to develop and deliver the strategy through a plan that will enable the field to achieve the company goals for M365 and Surface, across segments (Enterprise and SMC) and in specific business areas, including:
- Teams Meetings, Calling and devices
- Teams Platform
- Firstline worker
- Knowledge and Insights
- Modern Management
- Incubation businesses
The Business Architect is responsible for aligning and refining the core sales approach for execution by the field. This includes Microsoft 365 and Surface pre-sales motions driven directly and through partners. This role is designed to drive and support WW field execution by focusing on the following levers:
- Lead and drive the fiscal year vNext planning process which includes the following business levers:
- Blueprint and capacity
- Sales model design, role orchestration and Go to Market strategy
- Incentives and compensation
- Budget, Metrics and TLIs
- Engage and influence a large number of corporate and field stakeholders to drive alignment around the plan
- Assess current year performance and provide course correction recommendations
- Lead corporate governance process (L1/BG Synch, engineering feedback loop)
- Support monthly SLT review process and own special topics
- 10+ years of related sales experience in the following areas: Office 365, Windows, Mobility and Devices. Experience in selling to large enterprises, managing complex sales practices and solution-based selling to CXO, senior management and directors.
- Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales and services field, Microsoft partners, Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to engage and influence across a broad set of stakeholders
- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to successfully drive complex projects to completion.
- Growth Mindset. Willing to challenge the status quo while continuing to nurture and develop potential.
- Leader: Demonstrated ability to lead without authority and orchestrate across a large virtual team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Keywords: BizOps, Business Strategy, Business Analyst, Enterprise Sales, Modern Workplace, Growth Mindset, Leadership Sales and Services