|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy. We build and operate critical authentication, authorization and directory services that are used by the millions of Azure, Office, XBOX and Windows users worldwide. In the mobile-first cloud-first world, sign-in and sign-up is the front door for reliable end user experience to use any of Microsoft cloud services.
Microsoft Directory Store (MDS) is the backend cloud directory store that powers Azure AD. The directory store hosts millions of tenants and billions of identities. It serves billions of requests per day in the core authentication and the core directory stack. The team is innovating and investing heavily to evolve the Cloud Directory to address the needs of the future.
The Microsoft Directory Store team is hiring engineers who are passionate to work on high scale, distributed, highly available, and secure cloud native services. Join our group and help develop services with an emphasis on resiliency and performance using agile engineering methodologies. You will have an opportunity to work on the latest technologies in storage, distributed systems and apply innovative algorithms for solving problems at scale and high performance. We need collaborative developers who can think big and find creative ways to meet these big challenges.
We are looking for a senior software engineer with a track record of delivering distributed cloud services and passion for solving hard problems. Our culture is inclusive, casual, and high energy; our engineers come from diverse backgrounds, are passionate and grounded in our customer needs.
- Build robust distributed systems from inception through to productization
- Work 1:1 with customersand partner teamsto understand and resolve complex issues
- Participate in all stages of product design and development. Dive deep into global-scale service issues and drive resiliency, latency, and product reliability.
- Champion improvements in the quality and stability of live site and promote engineeringbest practices
- Demonstrate strong customer empathy, curiosity and willingness to question and learn, and participation in live site on-call rotations
- 2+ years’ experience in C OR C++ OR C# OR Java OR object-oriented programming
- Understanding ofsystems with strong fundamentals in OS and datastore
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity,results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced environment
- Deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groupsandfind win/win solutions
- Strong communication skills to interact with audiences that include customersand peers
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a technology-focused or Engineering-related discipline
- Azure cloud architecture and services, or similar experience with AWS/GCP
- A positive team player focused on conscious collaboration and customer obsession
- Aptitude and hunger to learn and adapt to the ever-changing cloud technologies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirementsinclude, butare not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.