|Job Type:||Full Time|
TheIdentity Security & Protection: Signals & Intelligenceteam provides Microsoft’s Identity Division with thedata to protectmillions of Azure, Office,Windowsand Xbox users worldwide. Microsoft’s highly secure identitiesare one of the primary points of defense forthese users; our mission is to keepthem and their servicessafe from fraud and abuse.The security of these identities is one of the strengths that has led to Microsoft’s reputation as a market leader. Keeping that advantage over competitors and attackers is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy.
One of the features the team powers isAAD Identity Protection. Our pipelines feed IP information and leaked credentials to Azure Active Directory. We also provide the data behind similar features in other Microsoft products, such asEdge.We’re also constantly looking for opportunities to partner with other teams to protect users, like we’redoing with Edge, and thinking about how we can keep people secure as the identity landscape changes.
Our code isin C#.We recognize that keeping our systems simple is key tobuildingsomethingwe can operate without burning ourselvesout, andleaving us thebandwidth to do great things for customers.
We are a collaborative, closely-knit team with emphasis on customer empathy and growth mind-set. We are looking for a talented engineer who isinterestedin makingan impacton theidentity securitylandscape.The team’s culture prioritizes:
- Work-life balance
- Knowledge sharing through both documentation andcommunication
- Giving everyonegood opportunities to succeed that are aligned with their goals andinterests
While a background incyber-security or identity is helpful,it’snot required. Aninterestin them is, and thisrole is a good opportunity to learn those areas.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions to identify and blockattackpatternsanddeliveridentity protection features.
- Deliver novel and innovative features for detecting and blockingattackstowards our users and services.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Collaborate with teams across Microsoft to deliver customer-facing features.
- Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas.
- Troubleshoot and optimize automation,reliabilityand monitoring forLiveSite.
- Debug issues in production and respond to them quickly to mitigate customer impact.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field
- Related experience from personal projects, professional experience, or education outside college or university (such as a coding boot camp)
- Software development and design experience, using one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to:C#, Java, C++
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Highly effective interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirementsinclude, butare not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Wealso consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.