|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Cloud Marketing team is looking for a seasoned Web Marketing Lead to manage the web experiences that support a variety of Thought Leadership and Product sites including the Microsoft Business Solutions, Microsoft Sustainability, Quantum, Hololens, SQL Server and Window Server websites. This role is an Individual Contributor role but will have the support of a sizable team of web marketing and site managers as part of a managed service to lead this portfolio of sites.
Using customer and market insights, this role will be the voice of the customer to define and influence innovative experiences that increase customer satisfaction and drive engagement and purchase intent. This position will lead the web strategy within the larger Microsoft Cloud Marketing organization for these products and programs, and are empowered to experiment, learn and optimize, with the support of vendor and operational teams who help ensure successful delivery of the strategy and digital experiences.
In addition, this role will serve as the lead business strategist to help web leadership with strategic decisions by providing business analysis and steering on key business decisions on the web team, including creating driver-based models, providing decision analysis, and steering. This role will synthesize the analysis into findings and recommendations, as well as preparation of presentations to the leadership team.
The Web Marketing team has a vision to create engaging experiences that build trust by inspiring, educating, and supporting customers throughout their online experience. Our charter is to manage and continually optimize and test our worldwide web properties to drive engagement, leads and trials. We are a fast-paced group with a focus on always advocating for our customers, getting things done, simplifying anything and everything, and having fun doing it. You will be in the middle of it all, helping to make decisions that impact customer experiences, acquisition funnels, and global web experiences.
- Lead a team of contract web marketing managers that manage the end-to-end web experience creation and buildout of our Owned and Operated websites.
- Act as Business stakeholder and Customer Champion in advocating for the web experience.
- Identify experience gaps to understand customer satisfaction, motivation, etc and develop deep insights into customer needs and behaviors.
- Establish specific KPIs and ensure necessary reporting is in place to measure effectiveness and optimize results.
- Owner of the web strategy and web experience brief that ladder up to the overall Event marketing program
- Interact with business stakeholders to obtain, clarify, and verify requirements for projects.
- Works closely with Creative agency partners to ensure content is effective in driving intended behaviors.
- Work directly with development and operations teams on build-out, prioritization of tickets, clarification of requirements, etc.
- Conducts weekly, monthly, quarterly business readouts to key stakeholders to ensure business, experience and operational goals are being tracked and met.
- Use customer and market insights to develop hypotheses and create a test-and-learn plan for improving experiences and functionality across the Events web ecosystem. Optimize in-market experiences to meet customer's needs and channel KPIs through continual testing and adjusting based on customer feedback.
- Inform and influence colleagues and cross functional teams to successfully achieve goals.
- Ensure customer and business data drives all plans, activities, decisions.
- Support web strategy with model creation and data analysis to make decisions, define new strategies, and deliver measurable results.
- Executive level presentations and facilitation of Rhythm Of Business meetings.
- 10 + years’ experience in a related marketing, strategy and/or business management role is required.
- Current/prior web strategy experience is required.
- Current/prior project management experience is required.
- Proven effectiveness in working within a large company to gain commitment and support for projects and initiatives.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously amid ambiguity and without direction, and to forge partnerships and drive for results at all levels of Microsoft.
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter that uses data to strengthen the impact your role, and the role of Microsoft, has to people everywhere.
- Demonstrated ability for strategic, outside the box thinking to solving problems.
- Thrives in organizations that constantly adapts and evolves based on the customer and business needs.
- Strives for excellence in everything we do.
- Fosters an Inclusive work environment, open to taking and receiving feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with peers.
- Work with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Outcome oriented, with an emphasis on creating “wow” experiences for our customers.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, execute effectively, work under tight deadline pressure and manage multiple projects, in some cases, across multiple time zones and platforms.
- Project management experience in a highly independent, but collaborative environment.
- Creative thinker with a keen eye for quality content, a sharp ear for quality communication, and an enquiring mind that is motivated by new approaches and eager to find smarter, better, faster ways of getting things done.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.