|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a Top Secret clearance or above? Are you interested in solving some of the most complex, high-scale security challenges in the industry? Are you looking to have a critical impact on the continued success of one of Microsoft’s largest cloud businesses, and on the continued success and security of our customers? If so, this role is right for you. We are looking for a Senior Security Program Manager to ensure that the backend infrastructure powering our services is secured as those services expand into new environments.
Microsoft 365 is one of the largest services at Microsoft, with a range of customers across industries and governments. Securing the infrastructure powering Microsoft 365 is a top priority – our customers trust us to make sure that the infrastructure storing and processing their data meets the highest possible security bar. And securing that infrastructure means keeping up with service growth and making sure that our security tech and operations handle all aspects of the service infrastructure and the environments in which it runs.
As a Security Program Manager, you will work closely with our engineering teams to make sure that our backend security tech and operations scale as the service grows and expands into new environments. You’ll also work with our customers with specialized security requirements to identify new features our infrastructure security needs to meet, and work with our engineering teams to get those features built. And throughout the process, you’ll continually seek to understand and analyze new and emerging threats that could impact our service infrastructure and build mitigations to protect against those threats.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure infrastructure security products and operations can scale as Microsoft 365 infrastructure grows
- Drive service owners within Microsoft 365 to onboard their infrastructure to security products and operations
- Socialize and drive alignment about upcoming changes and requirements throughout the Microsoft 365 organizations
- Work with Microsoft 365 customers to understand specialized security requirements for service infrastructure, and work with engineering teams to build those features into service infrastructure
- Represent security controls met by Microsoft 365 services in audits
- US Citizenship is required in order to meet federal government security requirements
- Must currently have an Active Top Secret US Government Security clearance, or above (and willing to upgrade to TS/SCI + FSP after hire)
- Successful candidate must pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and then every 2 years thereafter
- 5+ years experience as a Program Manager in the Information Technology industry
- 2+ years experience working in Information Security space
- 1+ year experience working with Information Security in Identity and Authentication, Transport Layer Security (TLS), and Security Monitoring
- 1+ year experience working with data analytics/BI platforms (Excel, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.