|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, who include OEMs, distributors and resellers, original design manufacturers, and silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.
Opportunities in DPS are expansive because we span the entire product lifecycle -- from incubation, prototyping, and portfolio planning to the design-in, sell-in, and sell-through motions that help our partners touch consumers, students, and businesses. As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
DPS Channel Executive - HP North America Commercial Role-specific guidance:
- You are a driving force to enable our visions of building and selling intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with HP.
- You perform a crucial role to help accelerate the sales of HP devices with preinstalled Windows; attach of Office, Teams, and other Microsoft software + services.
- You are expected to lead a world class partner management process and build trust with HP North America across their local executive leadership and management teams to accelerate local execution and win their trust.
Diversity & Inclusion: Our company-wide shared priority: To realize our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, each and every one of us must help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. With this priority, personally commit to be an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive Microsoft.
Maximize Enterprise value for Microsoft and Partners:
- Build trusted advisor relationships with HP and their partner(s) through a deep understanding of their local strategy and business imperatives. Share expert knowledge of Microsoft strategies in a simplified manner to the partner, to create strategies with line of business executives that challenge the partners to consider new or different ways to grow their businesses.
- Drive end to end relationship with HP, leveraging the account management process and marketing investments to land the local execution from device assortment and local portfolio, through to the attach of Microsoft software and cloud services.
- Advocate for HP internally at the local level through a strong understanding of Microsoft’s organizational landscapes; connecting HP executives to Microsoft executives to facilitate local reviews for device roadmaps and opportunity pipelines.
- Develop, review, and track progress with HP to evaluate the health of the relationship. Continue to add value, relevancy, and credibility to further enhance trusted advisor status. Monitor partner satisfaction (CPE).
- Drive coordination with Engineering/Technical Strategy account lead to align device portfolio pipeline with HP.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of devices, software, channel, and end customers, as well as industry and market trends to share with HP.
Drive Growth through Our Core Business:
- Create the local long-term vision and strategic direction for the partnership in conjunction with partner leadership and senior internal stakeholders.
- Execute to achieve Device Partner Sales KPIs for revenue and scorecard metrics.
- Define local strategies to compete and win market share with Windows across Commercial/Pro and EDU through optimized sales and marketing programs.
- Grow sales of HP devices that deliver preinstalled experience for Windows, Office and Microsoft services
- Build a joint strategic framework, with tactical, measurable sales, and marketing plans. Identify local Hero devices. Develop GTM across consumer and commercial channels and ensure the marketing plans have the right ROI.
- Partner with local category and device marketing to build country-specific marketing plans. Track progress of actual results of marketing campaigns and investments, reporting on ROI, and following sell-thru plans.
- Proactively monitor progress against business objectives; identify, manage, and escalate (when needed) any roadblocks, conflicts, demand spikes, gaps/needs in portfolio or compete threats.
- Monitor market landscape and apply intelligence to influence the strategy in business planning decisions.
Transform the Device Partner Ecosystem:
- Champion Microsoft as a valued business partner by aligning the vision for Microsoft technology and services with future partner opportunities.
- Strategize with partners to build a healthy local portfolio of solution offerings to attach Microsoft Services across the Microsoft Solution areas, inclusive of Modern Workplace, Apps & Infrastructure and Data & Biz Apps.
- Transform the partner ecosystem with intelligent edge devices and services that enable our partners to grow their businesses.
Compliance: Personally commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- A leader that exhibits Microsoft values, that treats one another with respect, acts with integrity, and is accountable to others for their words and actions.
- A Challenger with a Growth Mindset, that possess the ability to navigate complex sales motions, that embraces difficult, undefined challenges.
- A person who demonstrates collaboration and the ability to influence and work across partners and internal stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of HP/OEM/channel partner business, digital transformation business drivers, cloud platforms, emerging computing trends and their impact on the partner eco-system.
- Ability to envision, create, and scale solutions across the Intelligent Edge and Intelligent Cloud that will breakthrough in the market.
- Has a natural enthusiastic curiosity for technology and the ability to connect technology solution with business needs.
- Ability to scale with teams and partners by creating infrastructure, tools, and models that are reliable, predictable, and efficient resulting in effective ROI.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.