|Location:||Chevy Chase, Maryland|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a company, Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Come join us and be one who empowers billions. Be part of a team which values collaboration and influence for impact. Microsoft’s commercial business serves our largest customers, by helping them maximize the digital transformation opportunity using Microsoft's suite of enterprise cloud offerings. Across every role, our job is simple: put the customer first and show them the world of possibilities digital technology can offer. We believe in what people make possible.
Strategic Account Executive
Our Northeast Team is seeking a Strategic Account Executive based in the Chevy Chase, MD area. A role like this may very well be the pinnacle of your career. Be part of a dynamic, world-class community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the professional services industry. You will build and foster strategic relationships with the c-suites of the most impactful brands in their respective industries and will be at the forefront of their digital transformations. Envision working jointly with these customers to merge business vision with engineering roadmaps to enable market-making innovations. Be the visionary that takes their leaders on a journey but use your industry and business acumen to make those dreams of today, tangible business outcomes of tomorrow. All of this will require you to orchestrate a large internal team that you will lead through influence without authority, and together, you will challenge things that were never thought possible.
The Strategic Account Executive role adds value to Microsoft by leading a well-managed, high-performing and continue-growing sales team to deliver year-over-year business and revenue growth. Success is measured by quota achievement; customer's Business Decision Maker (BDM)/Information Technology Decision Maker (ITDM) relationships, and business scorecard metrics as defined by fiscal year commitments. The Strategic Account Executive role provides an executive presence for the customer relationships and play a critical role in driving our customer's digital transformation journey.
As a Strategic Account Executive at Microsoft, consider yourself the dedicated virtual CEO of an account who leads our top customer into the digital age leading a sustainable and predictable sales business that delivers success to both Microsoft, customers and the partner ecosystem. Developing a high-performing sales team where team members are considered to be best-in-class sales/tech sales professions in the market. Building and growing strong customer and partner executive relationships to earn their trust and loyalty. Driving integration and orchestration across all sales/tech sales/marketing/services/partner organizations to ensure 'One Microsoft' approach. Ensuring execution of Microsoft digital transformation strategy to enable Microsoft as a digital leader with higher revenue creation, profitability and market valuation.
- Strong sales and business background centered on software technologies combined with deep understanding of key industry solutions and competitive technologies
- Extensive experience in working with high-performing sales individuals and software partners is required.
- Strong business planning and coaching/instilling business discipline skills woven with ability to encourage sales/tech sales team to develop and implement targeted plans.
- Ability to identify, nurture, and drive digital transformation deals with all customers.
- Must have a passion for sales and solution selling, solid leadership and team-building presence, and be customer satisfaction obsessed.
- Must be able to focus on solutions to problems and inspire to drive to relevant digital transformation in all customer opportunities.
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people)
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run a business and commercial models
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.