|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a
community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. The Minecraft team is looking for a principal program manager to manage the underlying services that keep our players creating.
You are a seasoned program manager who has worked with teams of engineers to define, design, deliver, and maintain critical online services. You love bringing definition to complex technology projects and are an expert at navigating ambiguous spaces. Your technical expertise and attention to detail enables you to identify risks, drive development with predictability, and challenge how we work to continuously improve. Relationships and teamwork are important to how you inspire and lead teams to deliver their best work.
- Work with the engineering and community teams to properly monitor the health of our ecosystem.
- Partner with the service developer team to manage the capacity and scale of our deployed services.
- Create and execute a process to handle incidents efficiently.
- Manage the relationships we have with partner teams to support our services.
- Ensure compliance of our services with both internal standards and external regulations.
- Drive definition and alignment of technology initiatives and projects with key stakeholders and teams.
- Effectively communicate the status of projects and services across the company.
- Champion and evangelize the teams’ efforts throughout the organization.
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires.
- 7+ years of experience as a technical program manager, producer, or related experience.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in services, Live Ops, or sustained engineering.
- Technical acumen and expertise. An understanding of designing, building, delivering, and maintaining applications and services for high availability, resiliency, and performance in a dynamic environment.
- Passion for games and empathy for how games positively affect and influence people’s lives.
- Demonstrated ability to understand what resonates with players and creators and ability to translate consumer and business goals into end-to-end feature plans (scenarios, functional specs, schedules).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to build consensus among diverse stakeholders. Be comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences.
- Proactively seeks and gives feedback.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and results driven.
- Expertise with AWS, Azure, PlayFab, and/or Xbox Live services.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.