|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you enjoy building services and overhauling systems to use the latest techniques and technologies? Can you design large-scale, self-healing services? Do you love working on a highly-collaborative team? If so, we have the job for you!
Substrate is the data and intelligence platform that enables internal partner teams at Microsoft to build, deploy, and maintain compliant productivity apps and services with reduced effort and faster time to market. The Substrate Core Authentication team owns the authentication and authorization stack that provides user access to Substrate and inter-service communication within the Substrate. The team mission is to provide reliable and resilient authentication and authorization layers for the Substrate and on-premises configurations, including our partners, and to serve as the security gatekeeper to the core Microsoft 365 resources. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about security, technical challenges, debugging and above all – customer success and satisfaction. Familiarity with the modern authentication methodologies is a plus. Not only are you going to become an expert in the security field, but will also learn and appreciate first-hand how to build high available distributed services of enormous scale working for thousands of businesses and millions of consumers around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who enjoys solving massive scale challenges and embraces the cultural values of inclusion and belonging. Your work will be high impact with initial delivery in less than 6 months. Great core development skills are necessary have and we strongly prefer candidates who have expertise in the areas of building and evolving high scale services. You will be a Key Contributor on the team who will own the implementation and full lifecycle of the solutions in C#.
- Extensive development and unit testing in C#/C++
- Proactively identify and resolve people, process, and technology issues to reduce incident mitigation time
- Solve issues through software or automation improvements
- Collaborate on the design of the overall services with a focus on service reliability and automated troubleshooting
- Research, architect, develop and deliver solutions in an evolving agile development environment
- 5 years of software development experience using C#, Java, or similar language
- A track-record of shipping products and having been through more than one development cycle
- Design, implementation, debugging and testing of complex distributed services
- Bachelor’s or MS Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Distributed Systems and Cloud Technologies.
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Experience driving a complex multi-year infrastructure project
- Substantial experience building commercial grade software, with much of that experience in a large scale, high availability service.
- Experience with directory and/or data storage systems.
- Strong communication skills and experience working across disciplines and functions
- Experience as an engineering manager or a technical lead with a passion for coaching and mentoring others.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.