|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. We’re positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. Our team works with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
As a member of our team you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation and impacting billions of lives around the world. You also will be a part of a culture centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in CCSM.
The Business Program Manager role is accountable for cross-business execution planning, execution, and monitoring performance. Also the BPM drives sales and marketing operations by planning, designing, and delivering predictable and measurable solutions for business programs. The role helps scale execution, drives clear business and market insights that result in CCSM and Microsoft achieving their purpose and business
Working in a global sales and marketing organization at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape business programs and strategies that have global impact.
This role will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders across Microsoft and Partners, both cross-function and cross-business, and influence the direction and success of CCSM.
This role will be the focal point for ensuring operational readiness across categories and geographies to deploy new consumer solutions with Telco partners. Specifically, responsibilities will include the following:
- Project-manage a comprehensive partner assessment process by working with field teams to evaluate partner capabilities against strategic requirements. Build, maintain and manage a database of retail partner capabilities based on the assessments to influence deployment roadmap and project prioritization, with a focus on mobile operators.
- Build and manage a partner deployment pipeline tracker for all deployments, including key milestones, implementation plans, and timelines.
- Work proactively to identify dependencies and manage cross-team collaboration to keep projects on schedule
- Support partner contract completion by facilitating alignment and expediting issue resolution across worldwide stakeholders and field teams
- Capture and share deployment best practices for continuous process improvement
- Prepare regular reporting on project deployment status, timelines, risks, and blockers for inclusion in exec communications
If you have a passion for and curiosity about creating clarity, generating energy and delivering success, and are looking for a role that provides an opportunity to influence cross-company, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and are ready to identify opportunities for growth and drive scale, we’d love to hear from you.
- 4+ years' professional work experience
- 3+ years' experience in sales operations program management in a large, matrixed sales organization
- Experience with mobile operators preferred but not required
- Strong project management skills
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to drive results through influence and impact
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with working with consumer retail, recurring billing/subscription products, and/or Telco preferred but not required
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational abilities
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, as well as negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Ambitious, self-starter, thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, effectively manages priorities
- Confident with an ability to work and build strong relationships with senior managers, willing to take on big challenges, advocate a position, build a business case, and influence others (required)
- Must be a person of integrity, capable of excellent judgement and decision-making skills, showing the utmost discretion in the management of confidential corporate information
- B.S./B.A required and/or experience in relevant fields (e.g.: business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance) or MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.