|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade. You will be working in the Azure IoT Platform team that builds and runs Azure IoT Analytics service - Azure Time Series Insights. This service is responsible for providing near-real time interactive analytics over data streaming from millions of IoT devices and other sources via IoT Hub and Event Hub. Our customers are using Time Series Insights for continuous monitoring, maintaining and optimizing their IoT assets as well as building applications on top of our APIs. Our engineering is focused on enabling high-scale data ingestion into hot, warm and cold storage and providing rich analytics and query capabilities backed by asset models / digital twins.
Join us in helping drive our mission to offer the most scalable, powerful, and secure IoT platform empowering businesses ranging from startups to Fortune 100 enterprises to achieve their goals. This is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Microsoft. Successful candidates should have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, solid algorithmic foundation, sharp technical design skills, and a healthy appetite for tackling hard, ambiguous problems.
- Author highly efficient, clean code capable of processing large amounts of telemetry data by building data pipelines with low latency and high reliability.
- Design and implement cloud-based distributed components for running analytics and ML payloads on streaming and historical data.
- Build extensible compute infrastructure through integration with Azure DataBricks and Azure Synapse
- Enable time series data contextualization through integration with Azure Digital Twin models
- Design and implement data processing runtime for multi-tenant scenarios with focus on tenant isolation, security, throttling and actionable health metrics for customers via Azure monitoring APIs.
- Design and implement accurate and actionable monitoring, alerting, and tooling for data processing pipeline to help maintain SLAs with minimal efforts.
- Work directly with major customers in the industry to learn the IoT domain and provide solutions for their technical challenges.
- Implement state-of-the-art AI algorithms for contextual IoT asset analytics on top of Azure Time Series Insights and Azure Digital Twin, developed in collaboration with Microsoft AI Development Acceleration Program (MAIDAP)
- 5+ years of experience in backend software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Helped deliver at least one (1) cloud service and maintained it in production.
- Solid knowledge of data-structures, algorithms and object-oriented design patterns
- Deep understanding of distributed systems principles
- Experience developing distributed data processing pipelines
- Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
- Experience authoring performance / stress tests, analyzing the results, and identifying potential bottlenecks
- Knowledge of Spark, Scala, .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.