|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Industrial & Commercial Transportation business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager Engineer. This position will be located in the Tullahoma, TN facility. The ideal candidate possesses proven leadership skills as well as strong ability to problem solve and make sound decisions. Major project categories include: strategic analysis, production migration, site closure, new product launch, and equipment/ process replacement. This role will own these projects from inception to deployment. This includes strategy development, project scoping, business case development, project plan construction, resource definition, and successful execution.
- Complete end to end planning, direction and coordination of all the project activities for assigned projects (Lead teams to achieve defined objectives)
- Identify necessary project resources
- Process: follow LEANPD process and control documentation including design and development history
- Leadership role model; demonstrates integrity, positive attitude, technical competence, a strong work ethic
- Cost control: manage the project capital expenditures, stay within budget
- Communications: develop the project communication plan, lead weekly project reviews with customers, hold periodic internal project reviews as needed, report project progress, and manage and influence stakeholder expectations
- Planning: Lead and develop effective project plans including the core areas of project integration, timing, costs, risk management, communications, project quality, human resources, procurement planning, and scope
- Risk management: effectively create, monitor, and control risk management plans
- Capacity planning: develop and maintain capacity plans at the global assembly level to the component level
- Problem solving leadership: decision points are quickly identified, reviewed, analyzed, and decisions made while building teamwork and commitment to the project and maintaining project schedule
- Economic analysis: conduct as needed analyses in support of project control, alternatives evaluation, variance analysis, cost calculations, etc.
- Resource management: effectively lead project teams and allocate resources as needed
- PMP certification preferred
- Excellent skills in planning and organizing, prioritizing; task management, risk management; coordinate/facilitate projects and meeting objectively, delegates tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Strong aptitude for problem solving (Show initiative and creativity)
- General knowledge of Operations/Manufacturing Processes
- Lean principles desired
- Good negotiating and influence skills
- 5 years Project Management or related experience
- Proficiency with MS Project
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of business case financials
- Conflict Resolution
- Able to work effectively under pressure
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.