|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's Cloud and AI division is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with us on the next generation of developer services and tools.
Software developers are the productivity workforce of the future. With the developer services & tools market quickly growing and evolving, we have a unique opportunity to help shape internal engineering practices at Microsoft and the broader industry. Our large-scale distributed services for build and test are at the center of Microsoft developers’ workflows and comprise a large part of Microsoft’s internal One Engineering System.
Azure Artifacts (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/devops/artifacts/) handles 100s of PB of storage across dozens of globally-distributed data centers for build inputs and outputs: NuGet, npm, Maven, and Python packages; symbols; drops; build caches; and more. In this role, it is also the storage backbone of Microsoft’s internal distributed build solution (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/q_signed-2.pdf). With these massive amounts of data stored and transferred, it’s particularly important to be efficient in how the system operates and utilizes underlying services.
We believe that being a great team member is as important as being a great technologist. We strive to live in a world where everyone on the team has an equal voice, is empowered to innovate and can make a big impact. While there are many tools in the toolbox, we are passionate about Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and a Culture of Experimentation.
If you want to be part of shaping the future of software development at Microsoft and the industry and this sounds like the right environment for you - join us! #1ES
A successful Software Engineer in this role is a change agent who:
- Is a Full Stack developer, both front-end and back-end development.
- Is passionate about leveraging data to build & analyze insights that takes business forward.
- Has strong Data, Coding, Design and Test skills. Up to 70 percent coding daily.
- Has excellent cross group collaboration, negotiation and effective communication skills.
- Is comfortable in ambiguous situations and figures out next steps.
- 5+ years of experience developing and shipping software/services
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Strong design and coding skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work in agile environment
- Passion in building and designing very large-scale systems
- Prior experience in building large scale online systems is a plus
- Ability to multi-task while balancing short term and long-term needs is essential
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, deliver in an agile environment, be willing to learn and adopt new technologies/industry trends and have good cross group collaboration skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.