|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global initiatives in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes, and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy. Come and help us to enable the Worldwide Operations team to leverage the power of data, to deliver amazing business experiences, as part of Microsoft transformation to Mobile and Cloud First.
Predictive Analytics are the key to the future of risk mitigation and are critical to the successful execution of both our current and future business strategies. This role will be an integral part of the protection services team helping us build services that protect Microsoft and the world.
We are growing a strong, diverse team of engineers and have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more.
- Architect, design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions in collaboration with teammates.
- Design services with a strong focus on high availability and scalability, robustness, and observability.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, observability, quality, testing, and production readiness of the services you build.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews, and by using data/telemetry to make decisions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, reusable, diagnosable, and actively monitored
- Gain an understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users & customers
- Stay educated on existing and state of the art technologies, and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- Grow and mentor junior developers.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering, Design, or Development.
- 5 or more years of experience designing, developing, and shipping large-scale services with enterprise scale.
- Strong passion for delivering high quality, large scale services.
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with messaging products, eventing technologies, pub/sub services
- Knowledge and experience with database systems
- Experience configuring, integrating & implementing
- Strong problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
- Strong customer focus with ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams to ensure continued customer happiness
- AI / Machine Learning, Data Analysis is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.