|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's Hardware teams ship tens of millions of hardware products every year, including the Xbox hardware, Surface, HoloLens, and accessories and the Cloud Platforms that power our global datacenters. And better yet? Microsoft's Hardware teams are growing!
Do you want to work on a meaningful and impactful project and make a difference? Are you willing to learn from others and open to new ideas? Do you want to support others to succeed and operate in a highly collaborative and global environment? If this sounds like you, Microsoft would like to invite you to come join us as you are, where you can find more than just a job. Read on to learn more about opportunities and apply online!
Applications to this opportunity are considered for Hardware Program Manager internship roles. To be considered for an internship position, you need to be enrolled as a student majoring in an applicable field.
As a Program Manager, you are the driving force between hardware/software development teams and delivering amazing products to market. Opportunities exist in New Product Introduction, Engineering Program Management, Manufacturing, Sourcing, and other critical aspects of the Supply Chain. Whether leading product development, collaborating with the product development team to launch a new product, developing ground breaking capabilities with a supplier, or managing the ongoing relationship with supplier partners, you will leverage your analytical, leadership, and communication skills to deliver innovative products in the categories of gaming, tablets and PCs, PC accessories, and augmented reality. Program Management will challenge you through strategy development, application, and execution, to ensure our products are designed and developed with customer focus and they can be manufactured and brought to customers meeting all cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial, etc.), business, supply chain management, or other relevant degrees.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute a strategy aimed at achieving an end goal though leadership and collaboration.
- Ability to manage seemingly conflicting requirements, and objectively analyze different inputs to break down complex problems and drive measurable, impactful solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and analyze, explain, and draw conclusions based on complex data.
- Ability to influence technical experts and effectively align them to deliver results.
- Passionate about Microsoft products, ”customer obsessed” culture and ”One Microsoft” approach.
- Ability to work independently and within a matrix environment; a self-starter.
- Experience in product development life-cycle management, technical problem solving, supplier relationship management, program management, and managing formal communications preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.