|Job Type:||Full Time|
Billions of users. Billions of dollars. Millions of products. Planet-wide reach. Sell everything: apps, games, hardware. It’s Microsoft Marketplace Services. If you are excited by working on software at the scale of one of the largest online marketplaces in the world, then this is your dream job.
The Commerce and Ecosystems team is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale and business critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and process millions of transactions daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a ‘cloud first’, ‘mobile first’ strategy. The platform powers all of Microsoft’s key services - Windows App Store, Windows Phone, XBOX, Bing Ads, Office 365, Azure to name just a few. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows , signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using the Microsoft commerce platform. We are the Marketplace Services team and are responsible for the services which power Microsoft’s marketplace.
We specialize in a massive transactional infrastructure that handles the core commerce functionality of Xbox Live, Windows and Phone services. Every time a customer searches, buys, or gets a license for a product in the marketplace, they are using a Marketplace Service. If you have a gamer-tag, or if you’ve used your Xbox, Windows Store or Windows Phone to purchase a game, a song, a video, a subscription, or an app, then you’re one of our customers.
We are the Account Edge team in C+E. We are building capabilities that span across the modern commerce (MCAPI) core primitive services. These capabilities enable end to end scenarios like bootstrapping customer and partner accounts in modern commerce and providing searchable, denormalized views of commerce data to upstream portals like Azure Marketplace, CST, and Ibiza. We are looking for a principal engineer to help drive architecture and capabilities that enable these end to end scenarios as well as ensure the integrity of data in the modern commerce platform. This will require the candidate to collaborate and work across many teams, disciplines as well as junior to senior engineering directors in the Commerce and Ecosystems organization.
- Design and Implement new services while simultaneously extending our existing shared marketplace services
- Design, develop, test, and ship technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies (Kubernetes, Redis, CosmosDB, Azure BLOBs and Tables, COSMOS, Power BI etc)
- Drive engineering and operational excellence initiatives (TDD, Service Refactoring, Continuous Delivery in a DevOps environment)
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 3+ years of related practical experience.
- 10+ years programming experience in C#, .NET
Preferred experience -
- Expertise in building and operationalize large scale distributed micro services that have a global footprint across multiple data centers
- Experience with storage and cache offerings such as Azure Tables, BLOBs, CosmosDB, Redis
- Experience working through the development of 1.0 services/platforms.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.