|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for the Microsoft Surface businesses, and being part of delivering next generation BI, analytics, and reporting to enable the US subsidiary & leadership to find the hidden trends and insights around these businesses? How about driving how we accelerate this now and into the future? If so, the US BI & Analytics team is looking for you!
The US Business & Sales Operations team is the center of sales operations cross-segment, and the US BI & Analytics team within it is the center for Business Intelligence, data analytics/reporting, enablement, and automation behind it. This team helps enable powerful reporting and capabilities, driving clear insights that result in Microsoft achieving/exceeding its business objectives, and this open role is our Microsoft Surface business and strategy data analytics lead.
The successful candidate for this role will lead the Microsoft Surface insights for the team across the U.S., supporting existing U.S. Surface leadership and field team rhythms, while also leading the partnership with Worldwide on driving next level intelligent and predictive analytics around the business within the MSX Insights platform. This team scales by utilizing standard platforms, processes and tools, and delivering Subsidiary and Segment level analytics and capabilities to light up business insights that enable "One Microsoft" growth planning and speed in decision making.
This role will also partner directly with the other members of our US BI & Analytics Team, across our Field Enablement & Experience, Business Process, Solution Area, and the Technical Enablement portions of the team, to land and drive our Empowering Success initiative across our field teams and US Subsidiary.
- Integrate and work with US field teams, US Finance, US Leadership, and Worldwide teams to prioritize business and information needs aligned to field Surface businesses and execution
- Interpret data, analyze results, and deliver end-to-end deep data analysis/trends to “light up” actionable strategic insights related to Microsoft Surface businesses & their impact across the Microsoft business
- Utilize/deliver standardized tools and reporting which enable speed, efficiency, and scale in the business to accelerate the landing of Empowering Success efforts to drive standardized sales operations
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities and solve for root cause issues, including filtering and “cleaning” data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Develop, execute, and land the training strategy for Surface standardized reporting in the US Subsidiary.
- Advise field Surface leadership on the landing of new US initiatives and enable these leaders to enable their own teams and increase adoption rate of national programs.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong executive communication and the ability to deliver clear instruction over digital, written, and live communications.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with capability to execute with business and IT stakeholders. (Functional - Ex. Sales, Partner, Services, Microsoft Field Sales - knowledge preferred)
- Ability to translate isolated data asks into broader business needs to deliver greater impact
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in information technology, mathematics, operations, or finance.
- Experience with Microsoft Surface business, Microsoft Partner ecosystem, Microsoft Sales Process, Sales operations and/or Finance
- Familiar with financials, pipeline, forecast, consumption, and other internal measurement tools
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Strong working knowledge of Power BI, DAX, and data modeling. (Understanding of existing Microsoft systems and data sources preferred)
- Technical capabilities in SQL, Machine Learning, and predictive analytics
Preference will be given to local candidates. Relocation is not available at this time.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.