|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you thrive in understanding complex scenarios in order to build creative and relevant information architecture and interaction patterns and you are interested in defining the next generation of intranet sites and authoring experiences for businesses, this role could be your next challenge!
Microsoft SharePoint, is looking for an experienced Senior UX designer who is passionate about user-centered design approaches, interaction design excellence, and transforming customer data and insights into elegant and usable solutions. In this role, you’ll work closely with researchers, writers, project managers, engineers, and other designers to create a modern authoring experience to enable website, page publishing, news and corporate communications for SharePoint.
You’ll have the opportunity to make product decisions, construct UX solutions, and define the vision of the end-to-end user experience. The ideal candidate will be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions. They will be experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices and drive consensus on project goal through UX thought leadership. Qualified candidates must demonstrate the ability to execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints amid competing priorities and ambiguous situations.
In this role you will partner across teams in multiple countries, including China and India to build designs systems and patterns that will be leveraged to within SharePoint and by Microsoft partners. This is an exceptional opportunity to reach hundreds of millions of people with your innovative and creative work. We are a high-performing team that challenges ourselves to live the Microsoft philosophies around inclusive culture and growth mindset.
- A degree in Interaction Design or related discipline (User Experience Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design) preferred.
- 8+ years of professional experience in interactive design experience.
- Strong visual design/layout/typography skillset.
- Mastery of Figma, Adobe Experience Designer, Sketch.
- High level of comfort with web-based technologies, CSS, HTML, etc...
- Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications, and demos.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs.
- Strong problem solving, creative, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience mentoring of other designers
- Experience working with other User Experience disciplines (User Research, Visual Design, and User Assistance), Technical disciplines (PM, Dev, Test), as well as Business and Marketing.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.