|Job Type:||Full Time|
As the environmental challenges facing the world grow, so too has Microsoft’s commitment to ensuring that the company’s activities are in-line with the best available science and the expectations of leading stakeholder communities. The CELA Environmental Sustainability (ES) team coordinates overall science-based, measurable, and scalable sustainability investments and outcomes across the company – engaging with business groups to set goals related to reductions in the environmental impacts of business operations and positive environmental outcomes resulting from technology and policy development.
Reporting to the Stakeholder Engagement lead, we are looking for a sustainability-focused product innovation and engineering lead (Principal PM - Sustainability Product Innovation). This role will coordinate the development of the company’s sustainability product roadmap, including work on green coding and IT as well as supporting creation of new features, tools and services. The person we want in this role will:
- Be a visionary leader, with a strong point of view on the role technology should play in expanding our understanding of the environment and natural resources.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of our enterprise, SMB and public sector customers on sustainability so these functionalities are delivered in our features, services and platforms.
- Have demonstrable experience in product development, preferably at intersection of technology and environmental challenges, from concepting to producing a MVP and deployment to the market.
- Have a talent for working effectively and inclusively across teams, driving a vision while bringing stakeholders along with a sense of collaboration and co-ownership.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Identifying priority areas and solutions for accelerating sustainable digital transformations and management of natural resources, and guiding the creation and maintenance of sustainability product roadmap.
- Collaborating with key engineering groups to establish product-specific roadmaps to improve both transparency and performance of the product related to sustainability measures set by the company, and deliver these options and insights to customers.
- Bringing the voice of the customer and sustainability market knowledge into engineering discussions to ensure product development is aligned to operational and business strategy on sustainability.
- Building and maintaining a strong, diverse network of sustainability engineering champions across the company to guide the development and implementation of above workplans and priority areas.
- Leading work inside and outside Microsoft to identify, cultivate and ultimately deliver open-sourced, Azure-based software solutions that advance sustainability and address key technology gaps.
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of hands-on work in product and software development roles with proven experience of bringing new solutions to general availability
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full development life cycle
- Experience using your written and verbal communication skills to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Knowledgeable about sustainability and eager to learn more
- A high level of enthusiasm, creativity, self-motivation, and resourcefulness
- Plays well with others and thrives in cross-team environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.