|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world.
The Minecraft team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager with the right mix of technical depth, engineering background, and program management skills to help evolve and drive the timely delivery of our next generation graphics technology and foundations. You are a PM who has experience leading teams of engineers, architects, and quality assurance to help develop Srfoundational systems that empower teams to create high quality player-focused games. You love using your technical background to bring clarity and understanding to complex technology projects, and can effectively communicate the work, timelines, and risks to any audience.
Your technical skills and attention to detail enables you to drive development with predictability, surface risks/mitigations, and challenge how we work to continuously improve and evolve our processes. Relationships and teamwork are important to how you partner and work with teams to deliver their best work.
- Be part of the graphics team delivering features that empower Minecraft and other Minecraft properties
- Coordinate and manage production schedules. Run daily stand-ups and record velocity of team delivery.
- Taking requirements and being able to identify, scope, and communicate the needed work.
- Track technology initiatives and projects with key stakeholders and teams.
- Champion and evangelize efforts of the team throughout the visibility, communication, and organization.
- Ensure teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development.
- Own clear, clean, and quantitative reporting for teams for leadership to provide visibility for timely delivery or highlight areas of risk.
- Communicate identified risks in advance and support execution for mitigation plans.
- 4+ years as a technical program manager
- Experience with development at a system architectural level, preferably in Graphics
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent in technology departments
- Experience shipping/supporting Games as a Service AAA Game Development either as a Developer or Program Manager
- Experience running multiple or larger teams using both Microsoft Office Suite as well as project management software (Jira, VSO, Hansoft, Asana etc)
- Understands all aspects of production methodologies, project management, and has strong organizational and communication skills
- Must excel working in complex and ambiguous environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.