|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about Linux in hyperscale clouds? Do you want to be part of a high-energy and creative team that is currently impacting millions of customers across the planet? Do you love to contribute to Linux and other open source communities across the globe? We are the Linux Systems Group at Microsoft. We’re hiring software engineers to deliver a wide range of Linux OS functionality into the Azure cloud.
In this role, you will design, develop, test, and deliver new Linux OS capabilities that advance Linux in the Azure cloud and in other uses of Linux at Microsoft. You will work as part of the broader Linux community, so your code will be contributed upstream to make Linux better for everyone. You will work in partnership with other teams at Microsoft, including Hyper-V and the core Azure infrastructure teams. And you will work closely with customers to fix problems encountered in using Linux in the Azure cloud.
You will be working on research and development in cutting edge accelerations and optimizations to power future public and private clouds. You will define and push the limits of innovative technologies -- working with the latest hardware, the largest servers, and even larger datacenters. If you love to solve large-scale enterprise problems, and enjoy working on system-level design and implementations, this is the right place for you!
- Designing, developing, debugging, testing, and delivering of innovative cloud functionality using Linux
- Coordinate development activities across groups within and outside of Microsoft
- Ensure customer success by debugging and fixing complex issues they encounter with the Linux OS running in the Azure cloud
- 5+ years software development experience with deep technical expertise in design/coding/debugging in Linux Kernel development
- Experience in one or more datacenter-class technologies such as networking, storage, file systems, processor architectures, NUMA, etc.
- Contributing to open source projects, especially the Linux kernel.
- BS. in Computer Science, or related work experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.