|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to join a diverse and inclusive team developing the next generation of Devices Manufacturing Test Software? Do you want to bring your technical leadership and passion for high volume manufacturing operations to the forefront of Devices innovation at Microsoft as we build intelligent factory solutions for the future?
The Manufacturing Test Engineering group is responsible for designing, delivering, and supporting advanced test solutions for the entire Microsoft Devices portfolio - including Xbox, HoloLens, Surface and Foldable product lines. We are looking for a seasoned Software Development Professional to lead a team of software engineers designing and developing Manufacturing Test Solutions and the Manufacturing Test Platform they run on. Come and be a key technical contributor on the fast paced, high energy team responsible for ensuring the quality of each Device we ship to delight our customers!
- Define the vision, strategy and execution of next generation software solutions and platforms for Manufacturing Testing wile working closely with development and business owners to deploy test solutions across our factory network
- Articulate and weigh trade-offs in software architecture and design based on multiple competing requirements including cost, schedule, technical necessity.
- Accountability for key MTE Test System metrics including Test Time, Non-Repeatable Failures, Program Cost, Schedule, Test System Uptime
- Attract, develop, and retain key technical talent to build a high performing team
- Motivate and collaborate across engineering and business disciplines to meet challenging cost, quality, and schedule goals.
- 10+ years of Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering experience.
- 5+ years of related Systems Engineering experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience with C++, C# or similar programing languages.
- 10+ years of managing high-performing Software Engineering teams
- Experience with .NET platform (Framework and Core), web/service/micro-service oriented architecture and Azure/Cloud development (serverless applications using Azure functions and apps)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Proven track record as a strong, inspirational leader of software engineers and the ability to coach and grow people.
- A strong background in software/hardware and systems engineering
- Knowledge of medium to high volume consumer product manufacturing, hardware production lifecycles, and new hardware product launch processes are strongly desired.
- Ability to work within large cross functional groups to reach common understanding or agreement related to measurement and test systems.
- Cross functional experience with manufacturing, business processes, and product life cycle management.
- Strong written/oral communication skills, problem solving skills, good judgment, solid presentation skills, and decision-making skills required.
- Individual contributor skills necessary for success include strong customer focus, action/ results oriented, detailed planning and organizing, self-managed, flexible, thrive on change, change agent, able to achieve success in a dynamic environment, and a passion for technology
- Some domestic and international travel is required.
- Track record of shipping hardware/software products.
- Knowledge of hardware and software development and quality assurance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.