|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you excited about data and building experiences that help customer in their journey to find business insights?
Do you like to work on a product with an engaged and passionate customer base to make a big impact solving real problems. Then this is the right opportunity for you.
Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools to analyze data and share insights (see: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/what-is-power-bi). In Power BI, we have a powerful platform for building innovative visualizations, and data analytics experiences. In combination with Real-Time and AI we can build an intelligent platform to help users understand their data better, get automated insights, interact through natural language, and more.
We are looking for technically strong, self-starting innovators excited by the challenges, risks, and rewards of a new product. You’ll be expected to take on additional technical leadership responsibilities and help drive vison, strategy, customer interactions and architecture. You will have opportunity to have real impact on a product with huge and engaged customer base. It is an exciting time to join Power BI.
Our team is full of great people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and we can't wait to meet you and see how you bring your unique talents to work with us. The experiences you will work on will transform and modernize how people work with their data around the world do their work.
As a member of the Power BI team, you will spend your time as a hands-on Principal Group Engineer Manager and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features and you will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of users worldwide.
As a Principal Group Engineering Manager of the team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Work with Power BI CTO office, GPM/PM and engineering teams to create and propose vision and strategy and translate business needs into workable technology solutions
- Establish technical standards and drive system architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies.
- Review design and implementation and ensure it is aligned with our long term vision and roadmap
- Create execution roadmap and lead the engineering team to execute on the vision
- Recruit and build a strong engineering team with diverse and inclusive culture
- Coach leaders and engineers in the engineering team
- BS., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of software development in C# and .Net or other compiled languages.
- 2+ years of experience in leading an engineering team
- Growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Technical influencer who likes to lead and can see the big picture
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent cross group collaboration, negotiation, and communication skills
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Passion for quality, improving processes and efficiency and a growth mindset.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.