|Job Type:||Full Time|
How would you like to help support the Army, Navy, Airforce, or Marines? Microsoft Federal Engineering is looking for a Talented Program Manager who can help innovate and support critical business systems that help support Microsoft’s Federal business. Microsoft Federal Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. Microsoft Federal Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer empathy, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Microsoft Government business continues to grow in innovative and exciting ways. Are you interested in helping to drive programs across the enterprise that will accelerate Microsoft’s digital transformation? Do you have experience in large-scale global implementations for multi-billion-dollar businesses? If yes, then this position will allow you broaden your expertise and grow your career alongside a growing portfolio for Microsoft. In this role, you will engage multiple engineering and business stakeholders to ensure we implement the right scenarios and features to drive a growing portfolio.
The ideal candidate will love taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person will have an infectious and relentless pursuit of growth and improvement both for themselves as well as their solutions.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Drive stakeholder engagements to deliver well-defined products that generate immediate value and high-quality, broadly applicable software contributions to Microsoft products and to open-source communities
- Serve as Product Owner, managing project plans, in partnership with domain subject matter experts (SMEs) within the organization
- Lead communications with our stakeholders, within the team and SMEs to represent our stakeholders’ requirements, triage and prioritize customer feedback, ensure clarity within the CSE working team and actionable intelligence for our product teams
- Continuously drive excellence in program management fundamentals to continually build our shared best-practices
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Program Management, Product Management, Business, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10 years’ minimum experience in Program Management, Solution Management, Product Management, or Consulting.
- US Citizenship required
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in working with the Government either directly or as a partner/customer
- Experience with key government certifications (e.g. ITAR, CMMC, NIST)
- Demonstrated engineering PM skills and a track record of project execution.
- Experience working in start-up environment where adaptability across role as business continues to evolve with the government.
- Experience/Skills in building strong partnerships with business partners, understanding their business objectives
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation
- Strong passion for customers and doing the right thing for them
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.