|Job Type:||Full Time|
As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
As a Commodity Manager at Poly you will collaborate with Poly teams while interfacing with suppliers to achieve corporate goals. You will work on unique and significant issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. You will need to exercise independent judgements in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. You should also be able to create formal networks involving coordination among groups. This position can be located anywhere in the US.
- Leads the collaboration with various teams to develop and execute sourcing strategies.
- Understand the trade-off between cost, performance and quality to optimize product cost.
- Reports on commodity and key supplier performance metrics and resolves any related issues.
- Develop, negotiate and execute commercial contracts with CEM or ODM suppliers. Effectively interface with suppliers to negotiate optimal terms.
- Manage suppliers’ relationship and drive performance improvement.
- Manage continuous of supply and desired inventory level from development to end of life that meets corporation goals.
- Drive cost reduction minimize total supply chain cost. Benchmark and leverage competitive dynamics to maximize supply chain efficiency
- Manage risks in supply disruption, excess, supplier’s financial and corporate compliance. Drive value engineering activities with cross functional team for improvement.
- Effectively interface with Plantronics factory, purchasing and development teams in Mexico; operations teams in Europe, design Center teams in China; operations, product and finance teams and executives in Santa Cruz.
- Develop good understanding of the commodity landscape and supplier base on new technology or materials;
- Manage suppliers and purchasing activities of electrical & mechanical components, sub-assemblies and products.
Required education, experience, skills:
- Business or Engineering degree with 8+ years of experience in related industry
- Knowledge of consumer electronics industry
- Previous experience with Electronic Components and Integrated Circuits
- Familiar with Kanban, JIT and VMI system.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Oracle.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- APICS or ISM trainings. Certification preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Mandarin and/or Spanish language skills preferred.
What do we have to offer?
- Joining a fun and supportive global team, going through a journey of change and globalization, truly making an impact on Poly’s success in the future.
- Joining a community that sets high standards, actively supports personal and professional development, and strives to provide an optimal work life balance.
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.