|Job Type:||Full Time|
Poly is seeking a talented Hardware Design Engineer that will make a substantial contribution to the development across full product life cycles (concept to production at scale). As a member of the Hardware team you will influence and work alongside program management, product management, manufacturing and other engineering disciplines such as system, software, and mechanical engineering. You will focus on electrical engineering aspects of architecture, design, and analysis of hardware products for video conferencing equipment. You will have technical oversight for hardware development and will participate in cross functional collaboration for program deliverables
What you’ll do:
- Lead the technical, electrical engineering and mixed signal design for the development of video conferencing hardware products
- Understand and create requirement specifications
- Circuit design and analysis using schematic capture and other CAD tools
- Direct PCB layout utilizing Allegro Constraint Manager.
- Perform engineering analysis and verification
- Prototype debug and failure analysis
- Define, assessment, tracking and communicating tasks
- Work with cross-functional teams such as software & mechanical engineering to deliver high-quality products on-time.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the following qualifications:
- BSEE degree with 10+ years of individual contribution in electrical engineering with expertise in innovation & development of digital and analog hardware products.
- Proven ability for technical innovation and implementation
- Lead technical engineering and contribute to program decisions and direction.
- Experience in product development from concept to production
- Must have mixed signal design experience preferrably in consumer electronics.
- Must be able to deliver high-quality designs while facing challenging schedules and program deliverables.
- Must have expertise system-level hardware architecture, schematic capture, PCB development, manufacturing productization, and overall hardware design.
- Must have experience with electrical system testing including design verification testing, hardware quality assurance testing, and failure root cause testing & analysis.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable creating presentations and leading technical meetings, and influence across hardware development and program core teams
- Experience with microprocessors, FPGAs, Digital Signal Processors (DSP), video, audio, telecom, computer interfaces, and high-speed interfaces is strongly desirable.
- Experience with Android operating systems & architectures, and video conferencing hardware is strongly desirable.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age