|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to spend your days meaningfully impacting society?
Cybercrime is estimated to cost society $6T annually with the majority of cybercrime exploiting the human. Of the 100 most significant security incidents which occurred during 2019, humans were tricked in 71% of those through forms of phishing. The human layer remains the weakest link in cyber defense without effective protections.
Are you an exceptional engineering leader with deep experience working across the Windows operating system? Can you make kernel, user, and shell code dance? Is your copy of Windows Internals feathered from a decade of usefulness?
Become a founding member of the new “Microsoft Web Protection” team, chartered with innovating new technologies to protect customers from phishing, social engineering, credential theft, credit card scams, and the emerging threats plaguing society. Microsoft is uniquely at the center of this challenge, and we have the responsibility to protect the world!
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of developers building new sensors, detections, and protections into Windows. Your team will provide the foundation for protecting customers across all products (Windows, Edge, Office, etc.), while supporting the rapidly growing $7B Microsoft Threat Protection security business.
This team provides the potential for tremendous personal and career growth across many dimensions. You’ll have the opportunity to work across divisional boundaries and develop a broad understanding of Microsoft’s business while making a meaningful impact on society.
- Lead and support a team of 5-7 software engineers
- Partner with numerous teams across Windows, architecting and implementing solutions deeply integrated into OS stack
- Provide hands-on technical leadership including architecture, design, code reviews, and development
- Foster a healthy and inclusive team environment
- Hire, retain and grow top talent
- Computer Science/Engineering Degree (or similar)
- 10+ years software development experience working in the Windows OS (and/or similar systems programming experience)
- Experience leading numerous software projects across multiple teams / technology areas
- Proven track record architecting and developing robust and extensible solutions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Hands on programming experience in C/C++
- Experience leading, mentoring and growing a team of software engineers
- Deep understanding of one or more of the following areas: kernel executive, input management, user login and authentication
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.