|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft, we strongly believe that Mixed Reality is the future. We are the Mixed Reality team, building devices and services that bring holograms to life across augmented and virtual reality platforms. Come join us as we create the next generation of Mixed Reality devices, services and experiences where the lines between holographic content and real world are eliminated.
Helping our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our diverse backgrounds and experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers, all while having a blast building them! We are passionate about learning on the job, encourage a growth mindset, and we have several hackathon events every year to ensure we have an opportunity to go beyond the planned and prioritized work and allow everyone to drive innovation. Our culture is collaborative, passionate and customer focused. We love the cultural change that is happening at Microsoft, and we bring our growth mindset to work every day!
In this cross-functional role, you will partner with engineers, scientists, program managers, designers, and leaders across many teams to improve human and environmental understanding, enabled by mixed reality devices, and algorithms. You will do this through measuring, understanding and improving upon a multitude of platforms from AI and computer vision algorithms, to end to end testing, across mixed reality devices, and tracker runtimes for technologies like, head tracking, hand tracking, iris recognition, gaze tracking, gesture recognition, surface reconstruction, object understanding and much more.
More specifically, you will:
- Design, architect, implement, and support key data and AI quality pipelines that measure algorithm performance, guiding and implementing product improvements that have broad and deep technical impact. This is done through ground truth testing, robotics, emulation, simulation, real-world end to end testing. Success is enhancing the performance and capabilities of our computer vision and tracking algorithms.
- You will develop a strategy for data capture and generation across a vast number of data sources (existing on device and in the cloud) and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to tackle particular engineering or business problems.
- This role will retrieve, analyze and present data using Azure Data Explorer/Kusto, Power BI and other data management systems. A deep level of C/C++/C# is required.
- To be successful in this role, you must have strong skills in written and oral communications, a can-do attitude, and the willingness to tackle hard ambiguous problems in innovative ways. This role needs someone balanced with creativity, ability to influence positive change, technical skills and people skills as well the someone who thrives in a team environment that values cross team collaboration and building on the success of others.
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or similar engineering degree, or 10+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience working in collaborative software development environments such as Azure Dev Ops, Github, Gerrit, etc.
- 10+ years with C/C++/C#
- 2+ experience with data engineering, building data pipelines, telemetry instrumentation, collection, transformation, and reporting.
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills.
- Great written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous technical challenges with incomplete data.
- Ability to work cross team; and build environment that promotes collaboration.
- 5+ experience with data engineering, building data pipelines, telemetry instrumentation, collection, transformation, and reporting.
- Hands on experience with Azure Data Explorer/Kusto, Azure Databricks, Azure HDInsight (Spark, Hive)
- Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, Game Development experience
- Experience working with computer vision algorithms.
- Master’s degree in computer science or database systems
- Experience with embedded hardware devices
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.