|Location:||New York, New York, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about leading customers on their cloud adoption journey? Do you have an architectural background in Azure and experience navigating complex compliance regulations? If so, this role may be the one for you.
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade Cloud that has a true hybrid story. Customers and analysts recognize Azure’s tremendous momentum which continues month over month. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider.
As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, Azure Global is hiring an exceptional Technical Program Manager to help drive our hyper-scale business forward globally in financial services, including banking, capital markets, and insurance. Azure will be the best cloud for every customer in these verticals – as our landscape evolves, come make that happen with us.
When financial institutions make a move to the cloud, they have unique needs – the way they view the economics of partnerships; their risk assessment and compliance overhead; their high bar for security and privacy; the level of regulatory oversight they endure and their specialized compute requirements – all contribute to the need for specialization, even within the Azure engineering organization. This role touches all these facets and requires a Technical Program Manager that can embody a CEO mindset, scoped to an area of the financial services business within Azure.
- Heavy involvement with customer’s architecture including the following:
- Provide Azure technical direction and lead a group of one or more architects to proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Create and review Azure architecture and solution design artifacts
- Develop a deep understanding of how lead customers use Azure platform and use of Compute, Storage, Database, and modern workloads like artificial intelligence and cognitive services.
- Partner with to provide guidance to engineering teams, marketing, commercial compliance and field leadership to translate customer demand signals into release priorities, and ensure business growth is unencumbered by engineering, compliance or infrastructure.
- Establish growth and adoption strategies and execution plans to drive growth for Azure with financial services customers.
- Drive large strategic and complex projects, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
- Manage processes related to modernization, architecture, and business transformation.
- Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
- Engage directly with customers at the CIO/CTO level, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships. Identify and close opportunities with top tier customers.
- Passion for driving hands-on technical collaboration across teams
- 5+ years of experience in cloud deployments
- Deep Azure technical and business transformation knowledge/exposure
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- Ability to innovate and drive change
- Passion and focus on delivering the right customer experience
- Ability to build deep relationships with internal teams and customers
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.